Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How to unload a tractor out of the pickup

Brettw

Wasn't sure how to unload the latest barn find, by myself. Put in the back of the F150 with a fork truck, how do I unload when I get home? Put the ol' 7118 to work with the trailer, and slide it on. Simple. Now, how to get it off the trailer....... nuthin like kickin' the ol' can down the road.......Too bad the P.O. played with the rear end. Supposedly rebuilt the hydro, but "engineered" a whole bunck of stuff to try to install power steering. Relocated parts, parts missing, installed a power steering pump from a car. Although he was a small engine guy and the fabrication may have ended up working, he passed on and it's kind of a shame, the rest of the tractor is really in great shape.Well, hopefully the good parts get a good home.

IMG_1280.JPG

IMG_1295.JPG

IMG_1280.JPG.b2b7287f07cc03bc8d0051a5249ea6ca.JPG

IMG_1295.JPG.be3678b95a70fd14c0b5def3c8b76198.JPG

It was still a bugger to drag on the trailer. Now a Murray on a pallet, I just woulda grabbed it under my arm and carried it to the garage.......:D

quote:Originally posted by Brettw

Now a Murray on a pallet, I just woulda grabbed it under my arm and carried it to the garage.......:D

id="quote">
id="quote">I'm impressed by your manly strength. I'd have to use both hands!:D

I have a ball mount fastened to the front of my 6x12 utility trailer. I have hooked a 12v elec boat style winch over it and dragged many things up on to the trailer. To get them off..... gravity is your friend. Or a chain on a tree and move the trailer :D

It has been gingerly removed from the trailer, and now needs to be dissassembled for shipping different parts. I hopeto get that all wrapped up this weekend.