Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Broadmoor engine pictures

RandyBuxton

I misplaced the pictures I took of my Briggs 191700 7hp engine off my Broadmoor before I disassembled it.

So, if someone could send me or post some closeup pictures of the top, front, and both sides of their 191700 I would appreciate it.

I have the IPL and repair manual.

Thanks.

Thanks, this is helpful. But I still need actual pictures of the engine.

quote:Originally posted by BLT

This'll will probably help you out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H65FP6zvzloIn the back half of this manual is the engine repair manual. It's pretty strait up. http://www.liberatedmanuals.com/tm-5-4240-501-14-and-p.pdf

id="quote">
id="quote">

Just a hint, a 191700 would be an 8hp engine. A 7hp is a 17 cubic inch engine. Very similar, but depending on what you are looking to see they could be very different. Tim

Hmmm, interesting. The engine shroud is stamped 191700 2040 01 87010509. Engine made in 1987? Stamp on the back of the seat reads Model 990425 which I thought had a 7 hp engine (171700 ?)

quote:Originally posted by TimJr

Just a hint, a 191700 would be an 8hp engine. A 7hp is a 17 cubic inch engine. Very similar, but depending on what you are looking to see they could be very different. Tim

id="quote">
id="quote">

You can't the differance from the out side if I remember correctly. They both used the same block but the 8HP had different piston and crank with longer stroke. The piston skirt was scalloped out so the crank counter wheights could pass thru.

Definite repower - the engine date code puts it about 20 years newer than the tractor. Not a big deal, just depends on what he wants to know or what he wants the tractor to look like. I am pretty sure an engine from the 80's would look different - air filter and carb etc. Could likely likely be swapped for the correct vintage stuff though.

• 2 weeks later...