Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor of the Month - October 2016

SmilinSam

Tractor of the Month Contest

October 2016
This months contest will be :
"Best Tractor Show Simplicity/AC Garden Tractor Display"

Show us your display of Simplicity/Allis Chalmers Lawn & Garden Tractors set up at a public tractor show

Contest limited to the first 8 entries

Voters will choose the best overall entry and its presentation

Open to
All Simplicity and Allis Chalmers lawn & garden tractors as well as all other names made by Simplicity and/or Allis Chalmers

Please Note:

All pictures submitted to Tractor of the Month contests should be sized to 640x480 to maintain consistency and neatness in presentation

Also: If contest criteria calls for multiple tractors, please put all the tractors in one picture, rather than posting a series of pictures showing individual tractors. Its the only way to get all your winning equipment, for such a contest, in the picture on the Club home page

Tractor of the month contest guidelines

1. For club members and registered users. This also includes all officers, moderators, and administrators.

2. The selection committee will determine each monthly contests criteria. Equipment that does not meet theme criteria will be disqualified by the committee and removed from the submission topic.

3. The tractors submitted can be a restoration, an original, a rescue, a modification, an extensive repair/rebuild - or as specified by the committee.

4. This contest is open for owners to enter their own tractors, or by having someone else nominate them - upon which owner must accept and post entry.

5. The contest is limited to the first 8 entries submitted. This due to the poll system only being able to accommodate 8 entries. Following the 8th entry, the contest topic will be closed to further entries. Votes will be taken in the normal time frame as stated below.

6. Post your entry as a reply to this topic. Narrative and pictures are required - This to tell its story, and to convince voters why it is deserving of being the next Club's tractor of the month.

7. You can enter a tractor/equipment multiple times (months), but it can only win once per year. Once that tractor has won, you cannot submit that tractor again for a year on any subject.

8. Each contest will have a entry submission period beginning the 15th day of each month and lasting to the 15th day of the following month. Once the submission period is over, the current nomination topic will be locked and the next opened.

9.Following each months submission period, a poll topic will then be opened and members will be asked to vote on the nicest tractor listed in the nomination topic. All members and registered users are eligible to vote. Vote will last for a period of two weeks , from the 15th day of month to the last day of each month. The new winner will be declared on the 1st of each month.

10. Wining tractors each month will be posted on the club home page for a period of one month, 1st day of the month to the last day of the month, and a Contest winners hat will be sent to the winner.

11. Please post only entries/nominees in this topic -- any other replies will be deleted.

12. All pictures submitted should be sized to 640x480 to maintain consistency and neatness in presentation. If contest criteria calls for multiple tractors, please put all the tractors in one picture, rather than posting a series of pictures showing individual tractors. Its the only way to get all your winning equipment, for such a contest, in the picture on the Club home page

13. Final vote results will be posted to Poll topic at the time the Poll topic is closed. These posted results are the official, and FINAL results that will determine the winner each month regardless of any further votes cast After the polls have been closed. This is stated because while replies cannot be made after a poll topic is closed, apparently votes can continue to be cast. Its a technical issue that we have to work around at the present time.

14. In the event of a tie, the following procedure will be in effect. The tied winners will share having their pictures posted on the Club home page, each having an equal amount of the months time in the spotlight. There will only be one hat awarded though, and so there will be a run-off vote between the tied members for the hat. This vote will last 2 weeks. The winner of this second run-off vote will receive the winners hat.

If a tied winner has already won a contest and a hat, the hat for the tied contest will automatically be given to other tied winner who has not won one yet.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_20160817_061201-640x360.jpg

This is my lineup at the local show in Burnett Wi,I set up for three days and I had 12 tractors of my own and the club banner on display this year,As always a few members stop to say Hi!!! Going to power shows and talking to people about these old machines is always a enjoyable time.I usually attend about 6 shows a year as weather permitts,fortunately Mother nature has been on our side this year.

FB_IMG_1464230987841-640x480.jpg

This last pic are not all mine,6 in the back row are a friend of mine.Just showing all tractors we got together for a photo

57e076d3761c5_2011burnettshow0022.jpg.e5c9ea5f4738f1b0a7ec2864f0d7533c.jpg

Edited by bud119195
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In view of the big change over coming to the club as outlined here : http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=171963

We are going to postpone the next months TOM topic and extend this one 30 days. So, what that means is that this months contest will run another month. This should help get more into the fall show season and hopefully get more entries.

This way we dont have to run a vote during the changeover.

id="size5">

I was fortunate enough to be able to attend 5 shows this year and here is a picture of the last show at Bluffton Ohio.IMG_20160924_120534431.jpgHere is our display at the Northwest Ohio Antique Machinery Assoc. 2014 and 2015 shows. We usually display 8 to 12 ACs and Simplicitys, all FDTs of course...666  And alway set up our display with Jon Mole (AKA  Jonnys AC)

findlay-6.jpg

findlay2015-21.jpg

Edited by MDB
desription

I tried my best, but it was a brief show season for me this year.  Lots going on around home...

Shown below, I manged to squeak 5 machines into my local & favorite show for a 2-day exhibit, hosted at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, MI.  I prefer to have my attachments outnumber my tractors :)  I especially have been enjoying having my oldest (3 yrs) along, as he is doing well at hanging in there all day with Dad, and seems to share the same preference in equipment as the old man.

13568766_1824934961113727_3099348306720013792_o.jpg

13613494_1824935074447049_572296130511116576_o.jpg

20160625_115255.jpg

13680400_1827039357569954_4971458243691242838_o.jpg

Edited by Talntedmrgreen
  • Like 1

• SmilinSam unfeatured and featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SmilinSam locked this topic
  • SmilinSam unfeatured this topic
  • Kent featured this topic
  • SmilinSam unlocked this topic

The vote is now closed.

Results at the tome of closing were:

• bud119195 and his display

• MDB and his display

• Talntedmrgreen and his display

Congratulations to bud119195 for being this months winner.

• Like 1

• SmilinSam locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic