Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

John’s B-112

Dutch

Dutch, I like his self unloading idea on his cart!!!! I have one 1/2 built like that. Does it work as good as I had thought it would? JoeJ

Let me see if I understand this... he GAVE AWAY a 7012, then BOUGHT a B-112.... Wonder which one is John's "favorite Allis-Chalmers series?" ;>) And yes, he should spend the time and $$ to paint it... there's some pretty serious rust started there!

Kent, Yup, you understand it right. A few years ago John heard me cursing as I struggled with a deck belt on a Craftsman. He laughed and told me to get a "real" garden tractor, and offered me a 7012H that was sitting in his garage with a blown BGB. At that time I had never even heard of Simplicity. After I got the 7012 fixed, and found this site, I started telling John how happy I was with it, and all the advice and attachments that was available. There was (is) an old B-110 that belonged to John's father still sitting behind the shop, so when John came across the B-112 he bought it (I like to think my enthusiasm also had a little something to do with it). Actually, the photo makes the tractor look worse than it is. There is no rot, only surface rust where the paint has chipped (look at the condition of the decals). There was some wear to the variable drive. A few new washers, spacers, a new belt, and proper adjustment was all it needed. The tractor is really strong.

Joe, John moved a mountain of leaves with that thing last fall. I want to build one myself. If John ever comes out of the shadows, he can tell about some of the construction details like the gas cylinders that hold the cart open.

While I was at John’s this morning (battery explosion), I took a few pictures of his great B-112 because he won’t join this club and do it himself (he only lurks). After John gave me his 7012, he bought this B-112. It is vari-drive with a hydro lift, and came with a 48” mower deck, 42” snowthrower, and 42” front blade. The engine runs sweet. John had a Billy Goat that he stripped and mounted the vacuum unit to a really high capacity cart that he fabricated. Don’t you think this solid B-112 deserves a new coat of paint? (John, watch these responses) http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/jctracseq.jpg