Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

West Michigan Plow Day

Talntedmrgreen

West Michigan Plow Day is a week away...please join us if you can. Event post is here:

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=167283

Its been wet, but a location has been chosen that seems sandy and dry. When you arrive you wont miss the entrance. We will help figure out how truck/trailer parking will go and Im thinkin we can cook some dogs/burgers around noon/1p. Nothin fancy, and it may be best to bring your own hydration.

No booze.

5155 104th Ave.

Zeeland MI 49464

It will be in a wheat field south of the house. There will be a Case Dozer, the Simplicity & Allis Chalmers Gaden Tractor Club banner and a garden tractor or three parked by the entrance to the field.

There is approx 25-30 acres of harvested wheat field that we may till. Crowd is looking to be about 18 folks, 1-5 tractors each. Should be fun. Help us learn the ropes on how this type of thing can be done right in the future.

Please let me kow if you plan to attend.

Originally posted by 720nut

Can't make it, Be up north winterizing trailer before it gets cold

id="quote">Mike...our dock is only about an hour...2 or 3 beers. Wheres the cottage?

quote:Originally posted by TimJr

What time of day is it starting? How long in the afternoon will it likely run?

id="quote">
id="quote">We're calling the start time 10am. We will probably hang out until late afternoon. Personally, I need to be home around 5-6p. Time flies when you're havin fun!

We're building a roof over our slides so probably take all day would like to be there but maybe next time.

Ya know if Momma ain't happy ain't no buddy happy.

I can't wait either Elliott! Put the plow back on the 7790 last night and tested it, so it is ready! I hope it doesn't rain too much. This week of school will be long for me too!8C I like how the stack muffler sounds, so I will bring my radio headset so I don't go deaf!:o Its not really loud but the Lombardini is naturally noisy. I can drive it around the yard just fine but wouldn't want to be driving it all day:D

Cottage is in Arcadia, MI...about 3 hours from Zeeland. Its tractor time for me too, as we rig up a LOOOOOONG set of forks to Dad's quickchange on the Kubota, and hook on to the dock to lift it up over the seawall. I guess Dock is a misnomer...its his boat lift.

I am generally the rigger in this situation though. I might get out of it now, so there is an outside chance I can swing by. Fall is a very busy time for me. I have a boat to winterize, a pool to close, bows to shoot, etc.