Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sickle bar cable lift

GardenTrACtorguy

Are you meaning the stationary chain that holds the rear shoe upward? If so, that should get a little hook plate bolted under or near the parking brake hole. In a pinch I have used a hook and just hooked the parking brake hole by itself, though it is not ideal. The lifting cable that handles the moving cable should be the only one that attaches to the lift lever and the front of the sickle assembly as per the manual.

The front bracket uses the same bolt holes as the firewall and front grille assembly mounts. It has a shape to match, though you may need to substitute with longer grade 8 bolts.

The early sicklebars had a lift handle instead of the cable. Are you attempting to convert one of these to use a cable lift or do you simply have a later cable lift model which is missing the cable and bracket?

Looks to me like you have the rear chain hooked to the lift. It gets fastened to the frame in a fixed position. You are missing the pulley bracket that gets mounted on the frame where it changes shape. Rokon was selling re manufactured assemblies. I think the cable is the same as the deck lift cable, maybe?

there isa part number for the cable listed in the sketch drawing above.

Wow, looked at the link thread 13 years ago!Pretty amazing what is located here, but anyhow, current list of parts available from a sponsors website look-up.21 1673700SM LIFT CABLE ASSY. $54.1516 2172725SM PULLEY $18.2517 2157081SM SPACER $5.40Used on 227 different models of Large Frame Tractors for deck lift.

lift.gif

Should be pretty easy to find someone parting out to buy used.