Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

912 hydro issue

Koabd1978

just picked up a 912 hydro two weeks ago, fresh gas and she fired right up with a touch of spray . here is the issue, it won't move , one valve release pin was stuck down but I got it popped up now , topped off fluid ,but have absolutely no movement when I put lever forward or back. belt spins,and everything appears to be OK ,just won't move. I have a rear out of a 716 hydro but don't want to swap it if I don't have to . any help is appreciated tia

You said the belt is turning but is it turning the hydro pump at a good speed? These are notoriously touchy about the belt adjustment and will slip very liberally when not adjusted just right.

On the back of the transmisson on the right side is a lever that you move to disengage the transmission so you can roll the tractor, that might not be engaged. If you can push the tractor and it rolls freely this is certainly not engaged.

What about sloppy linkage. Go to page 22 of this parts book http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCBEN8.vKZrE3CNj5kbp796Dq.pdf item 9. Nut 12 will loosen up to where the link gets real sloppy to the point nothing moves at the hydro. It's not a real common problem,

but it does happen. All Sundstrand hydro units in the Sovereign type series have this general arrangement.