Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

48" mower deck torq specs needed

hurleyii

Hey guys how's it going ? Yes I'm back finally been super busy this year and actually besides delivering old faithful (912h) to my father this spring to till with.,I haven't touched a yard machine all year till a month ago.

Grass was so tall I couldn't see where I was going even. Lol Well it's already under control good ole girl didn't complain To much just chugged along with the 42" deck.

I'm finally rebuilding the bearings on the 48" decks spindles though, so if you fellas could share torq specs for the preloads on the spindle bearings that would be excellent.

Thanks guys appreciate it.

Ugh in search of a center spindle shaft guys . First owner let the bearings go to long before he rebuilt them it looks like.

My spindles secure the blade with two bolts and this is off a 48" deck presumably from the 3415s

New update, also need the lower pulley for the center spindle.

Well thanks BLT, the deck is back together idler pulley and all have been replaced. There's more vibration then I was expecting from the deck though. Do new blades need balancing usually? Oregon blades.

I need new rollers still and it's been discussed before, but I'd like to go with bigger wheels as the deck is only about 2 1/2 inches high and it's adjusted to the max for height . The 48" deck has plenty of room for bigger wheels. Any thoughts guys?