Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

This is for MPH

JonetteP

Where are you from in alaska, I have relatives there. My cousin sent me a jacknife from Gakona? I think? Do you fish grayling? Have You ever fished the big salmon?

I'm in Tok, about 120 miles toward the boarder from Gakona. I try to take the fry pan to the graying hole every spring at least once, thier best from the water to the skillet. Best way to catch them ther salmon is with a square hook. Never have chased the big King but have laid into several 15 lb or better silvers, my fav..Do your relatives have a sears tractor in Gakona??Lost an hour there on my way to Anchorage a few years ago when I rubber necked a tractor in a back yard..MPH

MPH, I know I'm up at 4 so you must be on your way to Fairbanks again if you're up already..Almost swimming weather up there..Woody

Marty, how's the electric costs up there anyhow? I average 80 to 100 bucks a month on this rural electric and that's just for a small house with 2 occupants and I've avoided everything electric powered as much as possible. Dick

I was up there a couple years ago in August when those Salmon were running. After a couple weeks of seeing those things they sure did turn ugly looking toward the end. They looked like they'd eat you before you had a chance to eat them. Mean looking things!!

Dick, electric here is about 25cents/kw, not a choice place for electric households. Tiny, them ole salmon do get lookin pretty nasty after they been in fresh water very long, all hooked nose and swimming rot..MPH

Mater of fact Woody, I was that late last nite wirein' my shop. Been in this trade for 30 years and always been able to say "no con du it", well I bought me a bender yesterday, 5 sticks of pipe, and a bunch of boxes and connecters and wire and now have to say "I con du it" MPH

MARTY i watched a real cool show last week on the tube, it was called EXTREME ALASKA.I think it dated back a bit then up to the present.It was very intresting,what a fantastic place.You must really enjoy.---Ron B