Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Swapping electric lift from 312H to 7112H manual lift

jsarro

How easily will an electric lift from a 312H bolt up to this 7112H manual lift?

Will I need additional parts or need to make modifications or will everything just swap over?

Thanks

IMG_5718.jpg

IMG_5703.jpg

Thank you Yukon.

Any links available to a diagram of installation or parts breakout?

I did not see anything in the large frame manual on electric lifts.

Thanks

Edited by jsarro

Hello, I did this exact same thing with my 7117 but, at the time I was a very inexperienced welder so the welds broke off because they didn't actually penetrate and more just spattered.  You don't need a different rock shaft, I just removed the lift lever and installed a home made pointer. You will need a piece of metal to span the bottom of the frame. It should already have a bar that goes across on the bottom. Regardless of what you use to span the bottom of the frame, it should be bolted to the inside of the frame using the indicated holes. Then, just use the original mounting brackets from the 312 and drill and bolt it in. The piece of flat stock on the actuator needs To be welded or bolted to the piece spanning the bottom of the frame. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Elliott

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have an electric lift assembly in an Allis 916.  If those parts will fit without major modification I can let you have them cheap.  I do not know much about the RBTs, I just picked up the 916 to be an engine donor to my Allis 416H.

Thank you Elliot and Trent both of your information is all very helpful.

I will report back when I tackle this, but first I need to fix the smoking engine or it may not be worth it.

I am glad to know it can work out without too much fabricating.

Jack

As noted above, the electric lift for the AC 400 tractors is different from the Simplicity electric lift.  The AC 400 lift is the same as the electric lift used on the AC built Homelite tractors.  Here's a pic comparing the two style electric lifts:Comparea.jpg

The Simplicity lift is on the right along with it's mounting bar. The AC/Homelite is on the left.  Note the difference in the location of the mounting pins.  I don't know if they can be moved to "convert" it to a Simplicity style lift. 

The AC/Homelite lift mounts into slots that are part of the frame on a Homelite:

IMG_7547a.JPG

Based on a pic in Simplicity7013H's reply above, it looks like the AC 400 tractor has a special bracket that bolts to the frame.

Edited by PhanDad

Not trying to hijack this thread...one quick question...Are these electric lifts (Allis 310)repairible at all or are the motors sealed?  What do used lifts go for on average?  Anybody have a spare they may part with? sm01

Edited by fishnwiz

On October 2, 2016 at 10:32 AM, fishnwiz said:

Not trying to hijack this thread...one quick question...Are these electric lifts (Allis 310)repairible at all or are the motors sealed?  What do used lifts go for on average?  Anybody have a spare they may part with? sm01

Hello, I have one that I would part with. Tried to send PM but its disabled for you. I would trade for RBT hydrolift or $150. 

Edited by Simplicity7013H