Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A neat sign...my furthest find

Talntedmrgreen

Had this nice early metal dealer sign show up today.  I havent seen this style previously.  Its in pretty nice shape and is actually 3 color...white black and green, with just the right amount of patina.  

Came all the way from the Philippines.  Simplicity's reach must have been quite broad back in the early days.

Im out of wall space so now they have been going on the ceiling 4i

20160928_213232.jpg

• Like 1

Its a very nice looking sign. I have seen that guy selling out of the Philippines. Very suspicious of those items authenticity.

6 hours ago, Chris727 said:

Its a very nice looking sign. I have seen that guy selling out of the Philippines. Very suspicious of those items authenticity.

In comparing it with my other steel signs, it definitely has the same look and feel of steel, paint, rust, and wear.  If its not legit, I would have to wonder how and why someone would age it so perfectly....Simplicity dealer stuff is pretty obscrure and of relatively low value.  Safe to say its hardly worth the effort.  Im 100% convinced this is the real deal.  Anything bought online is a gamble but I havent been burned yet ;)

Nice sign Josh. When you finally decide to insulate and heat your shop I hate to think of the effort involved to get to the walls....Dave

13 hours ago, B10Dave said:

Nice sign Josh. When you finally decide to insulate and heat your shop I hate to think of the effort involved to get to the walls....Dave

Dave, I will move before I ever make that call!  That shop has no hope of being further invested in.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think the sign is awesome. There is no way it is not original. There is a lot more money to make in other areas of vintage advertising (Coca-cola, Ford, gas and oil stuff) than to fake a Simplicity sign. Nice find.

• Like 1