Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Old site is available at simple tractors.net

Kent

The entire old site is still live and available at www.simpletractors.net 

That includes all the content previously found at simpletractors.com -- the old brochures, specs, cross-reference information, etc. 

We simply switched the names of the two sites. There will be some missing pictures/icons and some broken links, but it is all there. The clubhouse forums are still there, but locked so you cannot post new topics or replies. 

We are in the process of moving all that old content over here to the new site, and integrating it under one navigation menu and one search system to make it easier to find information. That will be a significant, ongoing effort that may take months to complete (there's over 1500 pages and 7500 pictures on the old Simple trACtors site alone).  

Please bear with us!

Kent; I posted a copy of this announcement to the facebook page Allis-Chalmers / Simplicity Garden Tractors.

I've heard that some people thought your site was taken down. Just wanted to help keep it out there.

• Like 2

Just a thought, for those looking for the informational site and not the clubhouse, you could/should put some kind of bright bold notice indicating the original site is still available at the top of this new homepage during the transition period.

I've met many people over the years that are only interested in the info site, and not the clubhouse. I'd hate to see people just quit looking for it when their searches bring them here.

Even something as simple as adding this to the homepage;

old site announcement.JPG

Edited by rokon2813
  • Like 1

I'm trying to implement a theme that will allow me to do something like this.  I just got the menu fixed last nignt.  There's not even time, nor knowledge/skills, to get all this done quickly...

Then we'll just keep spreading the word ;):)

I certainly have the skills and the time to "talk" &:)

Edited by rokon2813
  • Like 1

• rokon2813 featured and unfeatured this topic