Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What do you think so far?

Kent

First impression of new Clubhouse  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Is this new Clubhouse worth the interruptions and hassle of learning it? Pick the answer that best describes your reaction.

• Yes, I really like the new features such as picture uploads, sharing, liking, etc.
    • Yes, I like how it operates on my phone or tablet compared to the old site
    • Undecided -- I'm still learning how to use it
    • No - it is too difficult to navigate and use.
    • No - I don't see any big improvements worthy of the change

Now that you've had a few days to explore the new Clubhouse, do you think it was worth the disruption and hassle?

• Like 1

I am not one for change (still use a flip phone and windows XP) but,

Other than learning my way around, I have not found anything I don't like.

I don't have phone access so I can't speak to that end yet...

My overall rating would have to be 2 thumbs up !

• Like 1

• Kent pinned this topic

What Dan said. I don't use a tablet or smart phone but I like the way it operates on my obsolete Windows XP machine.dOd

So far haven't seen anything I am disappointed in or don't particularly like. Just a whole new learning curve and adjustment. Looking forward to trying picture posting from my Android device, if I can do that I am in love! dOd

Just now, B-16_IC said:

So far haven't seen anything I am disappointed in or don't particularly like. Just a whole new learning curve and adjustment. Looking forward to trying picture posting from my Android device, if I can do that I am in love! dOd

Just drag and drop them into the area where the paperclip is below the text editor, or click on the choose files link to select from the Gallery on your phone.  To reuse the pictures you've already uploaded (called an existing attachment), or to embed a picture from FlickR, Photobucket or other site, click on the Insert other media button.

I'm sure the hassle is much more for you than for any of us.  I managed to go from the original format to the prior one , and got used to it.  I'm confident the new one will grow on me too.  I liked the way I could track just new postings with the topic tracker, but it looks like I can accomplish the same end fairly directly  from the home page with the date of the last posting is shown for each category and then the red dots show unread posts.  Picture quality much improved.  Congratulations!

8 minutes ago, PGL said:

I'm sure the hassle is much more for you than for any of us.  I managed to go from the original format to the prior one , and got used to it.  I'm confident the new one will grow on me too.  I liked the way I could track just new postings with the topic tracker, but it looks like I can accomplish the same end fairly directly  from the home page with the date of the last posting is shown for each category and then the red dots show unread posts.  Picture quality much improved.  Congratulations!

Try playing with the activity heading. You can track various ways as well as customize it for you

• Like 1

It's not working very well with my I phone. But I can upload pics now! 

Just cant seem to find my mailbox still to send & receive messages.

Edited by Mikethemasher

On 10/2/2016 at 5:47 PM, Mikethemasher said:

It's not working very well with my I phone. But I can upload pics now! 

Just cant seem to find my mailbox still to send & receive messages.

You must enable your Private Messages in order to see them.  Look at the the topic here that describes it.

EDIT - PMs should now be enabled for everyone!

Edited by Kent

On my wifes I phone, top right corner at the end of the yellow bar is 3 lines. That is a menu and gets me into the account. You should find enable messages in there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikethemasher said:

I'm also unable to upload an image for my profile pic from my Iphone or Ipad.

IS there no option to do so?  Does it fail or give and give you an error message.  A bit more info would help....

Meanwhile, after some digging around I found the setting in your record and changed it.  PMs should work for you now.

18 minutes ago, Kent said:

IS there no option to do so?  Does it fail or give and give you an error message.  A bit more info would help....

Meanwhile, after some digging around I found the setting in your record and changed it.  PMs should work for you now.

Thank you. But I still don't see an envelope ot mailbox icon or option.

It just won't upload a pic. No error messages. I just updated my phone so I'll try again.

Kent really liking new site, but it seems to be a lot slower than when it first went live. Might just be me but wondering.

2 minutes ago, 720nut said:

Kent really liking new site, but it seems to be a lot slower than when it first went live. Might just be me but wondering.

I'm on such a slow satellite connection that it is hard for me to tell if something has changed.  We have not tried to optimize the speed of this thing yet.  All the performance settings are "what came out of the box" so that's something else to work on.  

Glad you're enjoying the functionality!  We'll keep fine-tuning things!

AS on many new/updated sites the designers felt that light gray selection boxes are easy to decern, as well as light blue on white background items to select, I found one here, following the selection bar for "browse" that on the far right side of the "sub bar) was orange text on yellow (just doesn't work, had to vidcap to an editor and magnify it 4 times before I could read it, even with my reading glasses and a magnifying glass. This was on a 23" LED screen running full density and max colors.(attached (original size))

This is true not only here, but also on other sites like gmail. Navigation? I was only able to find "Contact us" once, and could not get back to it. I have to navigate, tomorrow, to find what is grounding the magneto on my repowered '89 2110. Happy hunting!

LOL

Wayne

red on orange.jpg

Edited by GrincheyOne

Wayne,

Where did you take that screen grab? What browse is that? Mine looks like this in MS Edge, Chrome and Firefox. MS Explorer (now obsolete) doesn't display quite as well because of the dropdown menu options force a second line - though it doesn't look like what you show.  None of them have yellow obscuring Unread Content and Mark site read -- until you click the menu options to drop the menu down over them.

Once you make a selection or click elsewhere the menu rolls back up. I chose this menu because once we integrate the Simple trACtors content, there will likely be at least 50 more menu/submenu options, perhaps many more.  That number is simply overwhelming, and we're trying to simplify/streamline it as much as possible.  

Contact Us is in the bottom left corner of every screen, AFAIK.  We're still making minor tweaks (such as making the primary menu options darker/bolder. We can try to make Search more obvious (it is on the Browse menu).  Thanks for the feedback!

search_corner.jpg

• Like 1

Kent,

AS you are aware I tried a profile picture. to fit the image bubble (you have to work within a 1.1"x1" square) most of my images are .jpg, 72 pixel.

The display adapter on my desktop is a Radeon 9200 ATI Technologies. settings; (true color) 32 bit, screen area 1920 x 1080 pixels.the screen grabber is LViewPro, the window was captured then the AOI was cropped, using Paint Shop Pro 6.0. My desktop display is an Acer 23" LCD. I have no tablets or "Smart phones". My other system is an Acer Aspire 3680.14" LCD Mobile iNTEL 945 express chipset family resolution 1280 x 800 pixels (true color) 32 bit.
Have not tried new site on laptop. It also uses the Firefox browser. Running W7 Pro.

Thanks,

Wayne

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

If this was mentioned already, I apologize.  If I misread and am hijacking the thread, I apologize.  

A great tool for cropping photos to a 1" x 1" photo can be found on the US government passport site.  See link below. It may be 2" x 2", but should get you in the ballpark.  You don't have to sign up for anything.  You just upload your photo, line it up, zoom in or out, crop it, and save it to your computer.  It's so simple you might do a head smack.  Your taxes paid for it, so might as well use it.  

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/photos/photo-composition-template.html - Scroll down and click on "Start Photo Tool" on right hand side.

- Mike

Edited by stamic55

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Robert A McNaughton
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts