Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A-C B210 battery hold down

Killer_A-C

If anyone comes across an easy aftermarket mount, please let us know. I bought one "universal" one and couldn't figure out a way to make it work... Right now I have a piece of fuel line hose jammed between the battery and the side panels to keep it from shifting around or rattling...

Marty, Bout everything loses its grip at 30° below. Don't know how you stand the cold. My last winter in Michigan it went to 30° for a month or so, then it warmed up to 20° below for a while, then we had a heat wave of 0°. Having had bronchitis or pneumonia for the 4th year I moved back South. Also, I don't like bringing weak batteries inside so they won't freeze and split open at 30° below. Roy

Thought that was what bungie cords were invented for,sept they loose thier grip at about 30 below..MPH

Roy, batteries is the only thing I buy at sears. Fact, I came home from Fairbanks with a new 340cca for the 112, that 160 just couldn't do that 32 cuin in the winter. Hate when I have to 'discuss" with the cleck the fact that I don't care what thier book says, I want the biggest one for the hole it fits in and I have it here die hards have served me well since I bought my first in 1970. Before I had flip the switch electric I used to bring them in after 40 below cuz heating up the oil pan with a weed burner you need all the juice you can get. Now I flip a switch INSIDE THE house to turn on the plug-in..ahhh for the good ole days.NOT..MPH