Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Good day for rubber-neckin, pair of Simplicity'S

MPH

MPH, What info do you want on the OC-3? I have one OC-3 with a hi-lift loader as well as two AC WM's. The OC-3 Runs and drives, the one M is not running, the other I still need to pick up is supposed to run. It's paid for, just waiting to see if the guy brings it to Illinois first, otherwise it is about 6 hours away. He said if i was patient he will bring it to a town in Illinois about 25 miles away. Woody, Is that your OC-3? Looks nice! Seat is not original but looks a whole lot more comfortable. Rob

Rob, the one I saw had a loader on and looked like the paint it last on had was Oliver green. The seat Woody shows don't look to OEM. this one had a steel pan with holes in it. as nobody was home I didn't look it over to close, just wondering what anybody has experience with 'em or such, seems like a lot of guys here have experience with anything that was made to do some work...MPH

Well you know those Simplicity tractors are yours now. Positive thinking and the clue of missing anything on a tractor means they aren't worth much to the owner. The owner is far away and you can be the cleanup guy he's looking for...Now you have to get to your phone or else you'll miss your deal....Woody

I did some row crop cultivating with one for a neighbor when I was in high school. It was Oliver green. This was a wide tread OC-3. I believe it was a five foot spacing. The tracks were only 8" - 10" wide. Cultivator gangs were all lever lift from the tractor seat. Had to stand up to reach them, but I am sort of vertically challenged, being just over 5' tall. Was a nice little crawler to run, as far as crawlers go. It was not nearly as hot or dirty as the TD-6 IHC we had on our farm. Pat

OK, There are no amount of chores I could do to get a dozer on my property. If I tried to keep quiet it would be because I had died while sleeping (unnatural causes?). My friend Tom next door brought home an old Caterpiller and had to drag it off the trailer. Ten years from now I can't wait to see him driving it on his grass! I grabbed that picture from another website to get MPH to work on his picture displaying capabilities..I know you can do it!! Woody

Good ole' metal seats, with the proper suspension they can be quite comfortable, but when it is hot, you surely have a "Bun Warmer", for example below,-BradW http://a9.cpimg.com/image/91/B2/7846289-5322-028001E0-.jpg

In this picture of another one of my case tractors, you can see the seat setup, these actually are comfortable even if you may have heard otherwise....-BradW http://a6.cpimg.com/image/3A/54/8875066-eb2a-028001E0-.jpg

Did a uturn on the four lane by fairbanks today to look at a white garden tractor, thought maybe it might be a bolens I saw a few years ago wih a loader, turned out to be a sears 11hp,,bye..Instead of getting back on the hi-way and heading home after a wasted day in town I decided to check out this 'not so prestine' of a neiborhood. the ole dodge left 4 black marks on the snow when I spotted a pair of Simplicity's sitting under the winters snow, a 4040 and a 3314H with some missing engine parts. Couldn't find anyone around so I stated bugging the neibors, friendly folks, found out the owner now lives in Anchorage and one renter of his place said he'll give him my # but wouldn't give his out, this could be hard on nerves..On down the road about 80 mile I spot a small dozer about 1/4 mile off the road behind the house of the guy I got my B-112 from. Nobody home, but its an Oliver OC 3. anybody know anything about them??Know there are a few dozer fans an here..Didn' get a single thing done but just spotting them 2 Simplicity's save the day from total disasster.MPH

Sam, I think the HG was just slightly before the OC-3, they are nearly identical. I have had a hard time finding any real info on time lines of Oliver models. I think the HG was a remnant of the Cletrac model designations and then Oliver started labling them OC (Oliver Crawler). There also are different varients of each model. I can find references to HG and OC on the same info plate on my OC-3 so I think mine was from around the time they changed the model name. Woody, who says we have to have a use for all these machines? There just cool. Alot of us have 10 + garden tractor. We don't have that much work to do. I just like them. Crawlers sure do tear up the lawn though. You gotta have dirt to play in. Rob

MPH, I doubt the cc had a real comfortable seat as they did not have much suspension to them, I really do not mind them, once adjusted for your weight your set!,-BradW

I don't know Brad, I admit to haveing lost a few brain cells since my childhood but them old iron seats like the CC we had left no memories of comfort inprinted in my brain or heart..MPH