Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How you can help!

Kent

I've now created three tutorials:

• How to upload pictures
  • How to create a classified ad
  • How to create a photo gallery

1. You can help by using these functions, and showing others what this software will do.  We're getting quite a bit of traffic from "Guests" that never join and log in.  (We are getting some new registrations).  The best way to draw people in, is to show them what they're missing.  For example, I see a "spike" in visitors each time someone creates a classified ad and shares it to Facebook.

2. Start using the Like function to like posts, comment on things you see posted, etc.  -- just generally start trying out all these new features we now have.  For example, this software has a new "Reputation" function that gives people credit for participating, but also boosts the reputation of someone whose content is receiving likes, comments, etc.  That Reputation level began as zero, and it will take a while, with a lot of interaction, to make it meaningful.

3.  Get your own Profile information in order, and update it with a Profile pic and a background.  Edit your signature if needed, etc.  Some of this is a result of information that wasn't converted cleanly (like signatures) while some of the "empty spots" are the result of new features that the old software did not have.

4.  If you had a Photo Gallery in your Profile on the old site, that personal gallery (up to 5 pictures) did not get converted.  However, the pictures that were there should have been moved though, and should show up under the My Attachments option on the menu that drops down underneath your user name.  Consider creating a new Member Album in the Gallery here, and putting those pictures in it, using the Insert other media option, rather than uploading them again.

5. Similarly, consider adding more Albums in the Gallery with pictures from Tractor Shows. If you've put them in a topic on the old site, you can either reuse those (using the Insert other media option) or upload them again, with high-resolution versions (rather than the ones you resized) here in the Gallery.  Remember -- there are no longer any constraints on the file size nor the number of pictures for anyone...

6. Consider starting a Blog, to become your own little "corner of the world" -- you can use it to document a restoration project, a major repair, or just a neat story about how you use your tractor.  If you're building a new shop, for example, this would be a great place to document it, and share the story with others.  Members can comment there, just like in the forums. and you can share that information to Facebook or whereever... EDIT: I've now created my own blog here, to illustrate how these work.  I also discovered that the Blog is totally integrated with the Gallery, allowing the same photo to be used in both places automatically.  This would make it REALLY easy to photograph and document a restoration project, etc.

In general, just start using all these neat new features, and let our visitors see what they're missing out on... If you encounter problems, just report them in the forums, so we can get them resolved.  Even with all the testing I did, there's still things that I haven't tried. 

Hey Kent,

I'm already writing a blog, on Googles Blog site.  Do you know if there is a way to incorporate my musings over there into a blog here, short of "copy and paste"  Maybe a way to hyperlink the content or "share" between the two sites?  

Oh...Maybe I can post here, and share to blogger? 

6 minutes ago, Mike_H said:

Hey Kent,

I'm already writing a blog, on Googles Blog site.  Do you know if there is a way to incorporate my musings over there into a blog here, short of "copy and paste"  Maybe a way to hyperlink the content or "share" between the two sites?  

Oh...Maybe I can post here, and share to blogger? 

Not sure Mike, since I'm not familiar with Google's blogs.  But this software allows sharing with Google+ if their Blog site will allow content to come in that way.  Otherwise, it might be a cut/paste kind of operation, though RSS feeds might handle it.  Unfortunately, I have NO experience with RSS feeds.

Ok, I'll have to play around with it.  I have a post "in the bag" so to speak.  I'll try it here, and then try to link them.  I also don't know a thing about rss feeds...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• SmilinSam
    • Ronald Hribar
    • rbstuartjr
    • littlemarv
    • BLT
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts