Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Thanks MikeH for posting your blog entries

Kent

More examples of what can be done here is a very good thing!

I can tell it was a copy/paste due to formatting, but that's no problem.  Just glad to get more examples of what we can do now!

Two thumbs up! dOd

Yeah, Its copy and paste...Still haven't figured out the RSS/Atom linking thing...Are there some support boards for this forum?  I did a brief search yesterday, but didn't really look very hard.  I KNOW there is a way, but its not real easy yet.

Glad you like the blog!  It looks way better in its native "home"

Ok, I think I figured out the RSS/Atom feed, but I see some duplicate entries.  Kent, would you take a look (or anyone) and let me know how it looks on your end?  

Just so everyone who's reading this is clear, I have linked the blog software within the new forum that Kent has set up to my blog over on Google...The hope it that I can update in one place, and have the feed auto update anywhere else I have it linked.  I wanted to do it this way because I have a few followers who are not members of the forum (I know...I'm working on it :) ) so I wanted to be able to post content for them to read, but honestly, you guys here will probably appreciate 90% of my posts WAY more than any of my other readers.  

I think the reason you duplicates is because you copied and pasted those over here, then the original came through the feed.

Other than that issue, it looks great...

I think it duplicated a bunch of others that I hadn't copied too.  May have been my repeated attempts at grabbing the "right" URL.  Anyway, I deleted the extras, and will monitor for the next couple days.  I already published a test entry, and it got pulled in (only one copy, too)!  I think its set-up properly now.  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• SmilinSam
    • BLT
    • PhanDad
    • PGL
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts