Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Poll -- Do we have a trend? Time for a new one?

Kent

I do not know more than what I have read on this site about any tractor. I only own two tractors; a 700 simp. and a montgomery ward garden mark (simp 725). I like the idea of the first poll, though I can not compare other tractors I know that I will be biased toward the 700/725's. If another tractor came my way I would like to see the results of the poll. It may help me to decide on a new series of tractor. Keep on polling its fun. John H

John H, Sounds like good reasons for a poll to me..I especially liked your reference to the "first poll" as being the tractor poll. The real first poll I would rather forget about as well...Woody

Kent, Yup, we should have a new poll. Paul --------------------------------- Paul, "Big Brother" is watching... ;<) Kent

Here's a simple idea. A poll on what your favorite attachment is, and list the most of the usual ones. Ie: Mower deck Roto tiller Sickle mower Snow blade 42" Dozer Blade 46" Vaccum Collector Snow Blower Grader Blade 540 PTO Snow Cab or whatever. I don't think anyone can really guess the results on such a poll.......

Kent, in reply to reply #4"closer than we all like to admit, my recent trips to Fairbanks haven't been to go rubberneckin, that just keeps me from going nuts..MPH

MPH I thought that only happens when the ice breaks loose in the spring, going nuts...At least that's what happens in Northern Exposure..Woody

Is it time to put up a new poll -- I think we have a pretty clear trend going on the "favorite Allis series" based on the 77 responses. It seems the B-series by over a 2 to 1 margin, then the 616/620/720s... Lets do the same for Simplicity -- but how do I break out the categories? The poll only handles SEVEN choices to pick from.... any suggestions on those seven categories? Here's one way, looking at just the larger, horizontal crankshaft ones: 4040/4041/PowrMax 7100 Series 7000 Series 3300/3400 Series 2100/3100/3200 Series 9HP Landlord thru 2012 700/725 Then we could do one on the smaller, vertical crankshaft ones, but I'd need help with the categories since I don't know them very well... Something like this: 6000 Series 5000 Series 4000 Series Early Broadmoors (what model #'s) Yeoman (what model #'s) Serf (what model #'s) One category that we could still use.... Anyone else have ideas on how we could easily categorize them?

Let's just say that it had nothing to do with sex, politics nor religion... pretty boring stuff actually... and he invited me to delete it... ;^) Kent