Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How I spent my day...

Kent

Sorry about the delays on getting some things done in the Clubhouse, but I was otherwise occupied... chopping Johnson Grass...

I didn't realize how dusty the camera lens on my phone had gotten ~ while front-mounted attachments are great for visibility, you eat your own dust!

29677949023_7dc0aa0f40_k.jpg

29677951523_3a85ce5534_k.jpg

29678083653_c339731075_k.jpg

29677954743_391aca06ad_k.jpg

30308518465_c3f997806e_k.jpg

3 hours ago, 720nut said:

Hey Kent , mind if I borrow for a day lots of things could do with a machine like that dOd

You'll have to wait until next week -- I have at least another day of this.  My best friend is in the hospital, recovering from surgery after a perforated bowel, and instead of sending flowers, I'm sending him pictures...

Bring a big trailer - it will barely fit on my 14 footer... &:)

4 hours ago, yukon said:

that looks like a beast and i like the tire chains to.

The chains make a huge difference operating on my 30 degree slopes -- otherwise the machine wants to scoot downhill, sliding the tires.  This diesel, though only 5hp more than my old gas one (it had a Kohler CH25) , weighs about a thousand pounds more.  

23 hours ago, Kent said:

You'll have to wait until next week -- I have at least another day of this.  My best friend is in the hospital, recovering from surgery after a perforated bowel, and instead of sending flowers, I'm sending him pictures...

Bring a big trailer - it will barely fit on my 14 footer... &:)

I've a big trailer no problem. Just a quick question if you don't mind but what's a unit like that cost, would be real useful in my lawn business.

On 10/15/2016 at 7:43 AM, GregB said:

So, are you out of space yet in your new garage shop?

Sorry, I just saw these replies...

I never intended to store anything but the tractor in the garage/shop. So, it is working out as planned.  

On 10/15/2016 at 8:46 AM, 720nut said:

I've a big trailer no problem. Just a quick question if you don't mind but what's a unit like that cost, would be real useful in my lawn business.

The 30hp tractor (with built-in 1200 lb/6ft loader, just pick your bucket) lists for $17,000 but they routinely have sales like now for 10% off the tractor and 15% off the attachments.  So, they're pretty comparable to Deere or Kubota, when you add the price of the loader to them.

My old was a 25hp gas with an 800lb loader.  Those new, list for $11,000.  I bought it used with 250 hours on it, with 5 attachments. I bought this used one with 4 attachments, and sold off a bunch of duplicates since they were small for this larger machine.  

They sell neat trailer packages for professional landscapers (their biggest customers) that they configure for your selected set of attachments. The tractor locks onto the trailer for transport using the quick attach, and the attachments are stored around the edges, allowing you to drive up to the trailer and swap attachments without leaving the seat -- once you have unstrapped them.

http://www.power-trac.com/t12class.htm

14-ft-3-quarter-shot.jpg

35 minutes ago, Stan-Tn said:

No shortage of hills and knobs in your part of Sevier Co 

You got that right Stan!  Are you still enjoying the Crossville area?

5 minutes ago, Stan-Tn said:

Wrong Stan - I am in North Blount Co. I did meet the Crossville Stan recently and had a good visit

Doh!  My bad!  I bought a 3112 (and attachments) for the "other Stan" and made a road trip to go pick it up way back when!  Being from Blount County, you're familiar with my terrain.  I live between Chapman Highway and Hwy 66, in "the knobs"... lots of steep hillsides but the hills aren't nearly as tall as found in foothills of the Smokies.