Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis 314H ???????

Bunky

Hello i'm looking at buying a Allis 314H from a guy I know but I had done some checking and I'm told that there is some differences in this tractor from the simplicity's I 'm told the mower deck is not simplicity ??? Is this true If so are parts available for it also does the other simplicty B series attachments work????????? and is this a good overall unit?????

Based on what I've read and learned from this site -- never owned one: 1. The transmission are the same as used in a Simplicity -- virtually everything else isn't... I'm not sure about the bevel gear box. 2. The front and center attachments do not interchange, since the front axle is quite different. The rear attachments MIGHT interchange, if it has been retrofitted with a kit to change the rear hitch... See the link below. 3. Allis went to Kohler engines while Simplicity was still using Briggs at the same time.... It is a little bigger and a little heavier than the Simplicity Sovereign or Landlord. It's a tough tractor, but parts availability is a concern if it is to be used as a working tractor... if it's a show tractor, the "rarer" the better, if it is complete. My two cents.[A href='http://simpletractors.com/what_fits/400_series.htm']http://simpletractors.com/what_fits/400_series.htm[/a]

It was a right-discharge deck, made by Allis. It is shallower than the 6" deep Simplicity decks...

Most parts are available from Simplicity. The deck shell is still offered but only in one of the widths- don't recall if it is 42" or 48". Great tractor. Bill