Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Toggle switch for snowblower spout motor?

macallis180

Just bought a used blower for my 620.  Do I need a 3 way toggle switch to mount in the dash to make the spout turn both ways?  Just need to be sure I buy the correct one when I go to the auto parts store!

Thanks.

Think the correct term is DPDT Double Pole Double Throw.

3 position switch center off with 6 terminals and momentary on's

Edited by rokon2813

The plug in on the rotator wire is 2 terminal quick disconnect. Using another quick disconnect, how should I wire from there to the switch?

Thanks for your help.

2 wires from your rotator will go to the common poles on the switch. Should be the 2 in the center.

On my test switch, red and yellow.

You need to run a power wire, and a ground wire for this type switch because what it does is reverse the polarity feeding your rotator to reverse direction.

On my switch, positive goes to the lower left terminal and is jumped to the upper right and Negative goes to upper left and is jumped to lower right.

In one direction, the switch with send positive through the red wire and return negative through the yellow, and in the other position, positive will be sent through the yellow and negative will return through the red.

Hope that makes sense.....

10 18.jpg

Edited by rokon2813

Dan: glad you sent the picture.  For an old guy like me, having the explanation, as well as the picture makes a lot of sense.  I feel that now I can make this connection work.

Bill, I did buy a DPDT momentary switch already.  Thanks for the follow up.

Merle