Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ONAN engines by Linamar

ADD, Small Engine Warehouse has a conversion kit using a Honda or Briggs engine. I think it's a great deal! When I need to replace one of my three onan's that's where I'll go. See Link Below! Paul[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/For_sale_ad.asp?MsgID=2774&mode=short&startwith=0']http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/For_sale_ad.asp?MsgID=2774&mode=short&startwith=0[/a]

Just thought I would remind folks that I am still offering a complete PRECISION machined kit, and or engine assembly to retrofit their 720/9020 and varients. No Amish hacked out parts here, only precision machined and fitted parts. No shaft modifications, and no pulley realigning. If you are fixing your MTD go cheap. If you want a premium machined kit to convert a premium tractor contact me for pictures and information. tsjabs@aol.com

Folks, Just go the latest version of the monthly sale flyer from Small Engine Distributors in Kansas City MO....they are now carrying 18, 20, and 24HP motors......don't know if they will be easy conversion for the large ONAN motors that are so expensive to rebuild found on the large A/C/Simplicity sub-Farm tractors......

At some point in time I am going to convert to the 24hp. Honda engine and the convesion kit from Tim Padgett, I think it's a sweet setup, the Honda is soooo smoooooth. Talked to Tim on the phone and he said it's an easy change over. Just saving up a few more$$$$$. Floyd

Floyd,,,, you talked to the WRONG Tim. I guess I should of clairified that. My suggestion, spend your money once wisely.

I have been conversing with Linamar about replacements for the CCKA and CCKB. It seems the biggest problem may be that the starter is on the opposite side. Some careful measurements are in order. The footprint is not the same & it would need spaced up for drive alignement but neither of those are a big obstacle. The folks at Linamar have been very willing to help. Bill, from home