Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Seafoam

lmoret

Louis, So I've been told, (see message 6328). I'm gonna have to go out and get some of that stuff. Floydster has had good luck with it too. Paul

A guy I work with swears by that stuff. He says it cleans the carbon build up out of the engine as well. I have not tried it yet myself. Guess I'll have to go get some too..

I work at a car repair shop which is also a simplicity dealer.We use sea foam all the time. Works really well to put a little in your weedeater for winter storage. Never had a complaint yet.

Well tryed one more additive (That usually does not work) My symtom was under a load the tractor govener would try to increase the rpm and start running ruff and put out black smoke then procced to foul out the plugs. Added sea foam to the gas and the first two time it now put out white smoke but did not foul plugs. So I orderd a new carb It finaly came in but did not have a chance to put it on before a new snow came. So I went out and plowed and the problems went away! The only mod was the sea foam and it seamed to work cleaned up the carb and stopped fouling the plugs. Of course I have a new carb setting in a box but i'm not gonna fool with a running horse!

Sea Foam, Motor tune-up Helps pass emmission test, injector cleaner. carb cleaner, carbon cleaner"printed in red", fuel stabilizer, de-icer anti gel, upper cyl lube, frees rings and lifters, dries oil and fuel. I won't try to type the back of the can in. Kid at local Napa got me started on it last summer when I was looking for a stabilizer. He uses it in all his 4 wheelers, snow machine, jet ski, swears by it and he got no cheap toys, only the fastest are worth havin. I'll form my 2cents worth in the spring when I go to start something that has melted outta the snow.MPH

Floydster, What is your CI? Mine is 45, 3 cars lots of tractor and I don't even own a boat. Yes, I also do believe in SeaFoam. Mike S.

Yup, been using Sea Foam for many years, it's the ONLY cleaner and stabilizer in my book. Been using it in my tractors for at least the last 5 years and have had no fouled plugs since. I take my boat up into Canada on extented fishing trips in remote areas and I woudn't go without the Sea Foam. I have a hi cylinder index and I use SF in everything. Darn, one would think I'm a SF sales man. Floydster

My Cylinder Index is 39, and all are in running condition, This does not include my air compressors at 8 cylinders. Floydster