Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

do not have complete serial number

Hello, I am new to list and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I found a nice old AC lawn tractor in a barn and have purchased it. It is a Model B-12 painted yellow. All that I have of the serial # is the last 5 digits 01810 the rest is not readable could anyone tell me what the rest of the digits could be. I would also like to purchase manuals on this as I intend to restore it. This is my first restoration of a tractor though I have been restoring cars for many years. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Bill Mac

Bill, Welcome, Guys on here manuals from Simplicity for a lot of tractors, thee ole B series AC all had a Simplicity brother. You might try doing a search, use manuals, I've seen the ph # posted but been lucky with mine so far and got manuals with them. If you look on the engine flywheel cover you should be able to find the model serial and code # of the ole briggs. The first six didgets of the code # date the engine. You also found the right site to get help restoring one of these, right down to paint mixing codes..Most of all ENJOY it..MPH

Bill, Welcome! The equivalent Simplicity it a 2012. You may be able to get parts or owners manuals for them from Simplicity Manufacturing's Technical Publications Department at (262) 284-8519. If not (they usually stock them for ONLY 30 years), you can buy AC reprints elsewhere on the Internet, but they get pretty pricey, pretty quick. One thing you will want to get from Simplicity is the B-Series Service Manual. It is a consolidated reprint of service information on all the Allis B-series. It is invaluable.... Last I heard they still sold it for about $20 -- while it's $30 elsewhere on the Internet. Let us know if that doesn't work... Kent