Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity/AC 920 Lombardini diesel car

Sandy

I looked at a Simplicity today with AC badging on it too. It had the Lombardini diesel in it with around 900 hrs. The guy said it smoked a little and he was thinking of selling it. First, it says it's a model # 920 with #'s of 1690890. I don't get it, it has the Simplcity and AC badging, is this normal? It doesn't look like any difference in the paint. Confusing! Also, any idea what it's worth with these (900 hrs). We couldn't start it, it was too cold and he didn't want to wear the starter out. He said it smoked some and I was thinking maybe injectors could cause that???, seems odd with only 900 hrs. Is that a little or a lot. Any pointers would be most appreciated. Thanks, Sandy

The Simplicity 7790 was painted the same color scheme as the AC 920. Except for hood decals and the word Simplicity on the front frame they are identical. You could have a AC hood on a Sim. frame? Yes they do smoke, especially if the injectors are dirty. And if they are dirty it will start hard when cold. Good Luck! Mike S.

I was thinking the same thing, that the hood had been replaced, and yes, it does have the Simplicity decal on the front frame. The color was a little different than the 7119 and 7016 that I've had. It looks like it would be a nice tractor. Anybody know where I can get a 3 pt. 5-6 ft. mower for a Ferguson TE 30 around northern Illinois? I don't even know if they are interchangeable with other tractors. ??? That's what I'll need to get this tractor. Sandy

The Ferguson TE-30 is, except for engine (I believe it has a Continental engine) the same as a 600 seies Ford. Any standard 3-pt. mower will attach to this tractor. Look in area for sale ads. Or if this is an even trade for the Diesel you can buy a new mower from a place like Fleet Farm fairly inexpensively. Good Luck! Mike S.