Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Where is the BGB drain plug?

jimmystractor

I would like to change out the fluid since I don't know if it has ever been done on my 7119. According to the manual, it is supposed to be on the cover plate. There is not a drain on there. Is it under the cover plate?

Edited by jimmystractor

The newer tractors don't have drain plugs on the BGB cover; you loosen the bolts and break the gasket seal and let it drain.  Not the best since you might ruin the gasket getting the cover separated from the case.

If your tractor was supposed to have a drain plug and doesn't, maybe the BGB was swapped out at some point.

Hello, I just use one of those oil vacuums to suck all the oil out. It probably would be better to drill and make a hole for a drain plug like Bill said though since a lot of people don't have oil extractors. I don't even have one just lucky enough to have a relative who has one.

This topic made me go look..... I could not remember seeing one without a drain.

From what I can find, The early tractors, up through the 3300 and 3400 series all had the fill hole and drain plug in the back cover.

700 and 7000 only had the drain plug, and 7100 has nothing.

The drain is just a pipe plug, if you had a pipe tap you could just drill and tap a hole.

Or if you really want one, I or someone else would probably sell you one with the drain in it.

• Like 1