Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tiller belt hitting hydro filter

rich_kildow

I tilled the garden last night with my 1691382 7116 and 1690039 tiller.  I realized that the belt was hitting the hydro filter on the left side of the rear end.  I went and double checked the belt routing against the manual and it was ran properly.  I believe it is an OEM filter.  Has anybody ever encountered this before or know of a direction to look in?

Ok, did some more digging.  It sounds like there is a smaller, flat filter out there as well as an idler kit 1685225.  Anybody used either of these?

I had the same problem years ago but memory keeps me from remembering what I did, like back in the 70's when I could remember these things LOL

There is a sketch drawing of the Idler bracket somewhere here.   I bent one up this year when I mounted the Vacuum for leaf duty.  Used a idler just a little bit different than original size, worked OK for Me.

You need the rear PTO idler kit: 1685225.

https://www.partstree.com/parts/simplicity/accessories/1685225-simplicity-pto-drive-kit/rear-p-t-o-drive-kit/

As of today, [11-08-16] the bracket is available, but the idler pulley is not.

Pulley is Stens 3 1/2" diameter by 1 1/2" thick.  I have tried to find it on the Stens site, but can't.

Here it is on Ebay today,  Part # 1657712SM

http://www.ebay.tv/sch/Parts-Accessories-/82248/i.html?_sop=39&_nkw=simplicity+idler+pulley&_frs=1

Edited by JohnFornaro
Add part numbers.