Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ka9bxg

B 1 grill and shifter

Roy
My B-1 has a round knob for the shifter. The shaft it screws onto is approximately 3/8" diameter. The grill is broken out in a V shape probably due to vibration and running into things. I finally put several vertical tubular bars behind the aluminum mesh to keep the mesh from being bent in whenever I crash into the bushes while mowing. Roy

ka9bxg
O K I have to know what is with the b1's it seems that a lot of them have a v shape in the grill.Is it because people run into things and bend the hood down and when they open the hood it breaks them or what.I also have a question on the shifter lever is there suppose to be a round knob or is there a 1 inch shaft with a plastic coating on them.Looking at some pictures it sure looks like a knob like my wonderboy 700 but my B 1 has a 1 inch shaft. I just need to know.Bob