Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Saved one from being a parts tractor

bigdog46

About 3 weeks ago I purchased what was left of a Simplicity 7117 that had been sitting outside for quite a while.  The po that I bought it from had sold the Kohler KT17, the deck and the rear wheels and tires.  I knew it had a working electric lift so I purchased it for $100.  After I got it home, I sold the lift on Ebay for $125 and began to get the tractor back into usable condition.  Here are 3 pictures of the tractor before I began the major rework.  I did have the rears wheels and Kohler K341 installed at this point.  The next 3 pictures show the tractor now after installation of a new seat, some decals and painting.  I really enjoy bringing the old tractors back to a condition that is useful and decent looking.  The transmission and bevel gear box are in good condition and the tractor runs good.

old1 Res.jpg

old2 Res.jpg

old3 Res.jpg

3411 Res.jpg

3412 Res.jpg

3413 Res.jpg

Funny you post this today.  Just got back from the breaker yard, and he and a decent 2012 that he had just picked up...With a sickle, snowblower, plow, wheel weights, chains and deck.  PO was kind of a tinkerer, so it had some "funny" stuff, the bgb felt a little loose, and the gearbox didn't feel like it was shifting, but it was complete, and barn stored so not all rusty.  As we were talking, he said something about making him an offer, and 80 bucks.  I thought he was talking about the tractor, so I looked it over pretty carefully, and offered him 50.  He was talking about the weights...He's willing to sell the tractor complete, but wants probably more than its worth for it, cuz he's selling the parts.  

If anyone else wants to try (the sickle looks to be in very good shape...) here is a CL ad...

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/grd/5868369776.html

Edited by Mike_H

Really nice looking. Glad it didn't go to scrap. I took a Simplicity 7016 to a junk yard b/c I needed the money and the guy likes Simplicity and now I really regret it. Great save!