Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New to the club, new to owning a tractor

rtierney

Hello all! New to the club and I attempted to post before but was met with technological resistance- here is my "new" tractor and I'm just thrilled. 

This 7114 was given to me and I was told "it doesn't start- all yours" and destined for the scrap heap. Some fresh fuel, a new battery, oil change and some TLC and she's running again! I did order a wheel and tire assembly off eBay and since i have a complete set of repair and parts manuals I was able to replace it no problem. Someone took care of this thing and after sitting for a few years all it needed was some love. Never owning a tractor before I was surprised at the crap job it did of cutting my lawn and after taking the mower deck off determined that a belt broke and only one blade was spinning thus the terrible cut. I'm super excited to be here and look forward to many years with this tractor to help me around the house. I was also given a dump cart and snow blade (minus the arm to raise and lower it). In the near future I plan on changing the hydro oil and filter as well as figuring out why the parking brake does not work. Thanks for the look! 

IMG_3629.JPG

IMG_6560 2.JPG

IMG_7116.JPG

We have been waiting on you to join us! ;) What took you so long?

Welcome to the club. Feel free to jump right in and make yourself at home!

Nice tractor...you have come to the right place.

Tractor looks to be excellent cosmetic shape showing love over the years.  That's a good sign that the mechanicals have also been well cared for as well.

Welcome to the club.

Be careful. I am a new guy too. I hadn't ever owned a tractor but bought a 7117 about two months ago. Now I also own a 7119....Craigslist and this disease are bad!

Boy, that tractor must have had good care for all those years.  Must have always been garaged.  What a good start with the books which are almost required reading.

Welcome to the club, and looks like you got a much nicer tractor to start with than some of us did!

LOL!

Edited by macallis180

Thanks all for checking out my post! I have to say, after checking out a new Deer at Lowes they just don't make 'em like this anymore. I'm pretty sure I broke out the SAE tools as well to work on it. This morning I plan on installing the new belt on the mower deck and sharpen the blades. Thank you for the lift rod suggestion. My first plan was to just use a chain and use the blade in a fixed position but boy that will get old fast.