Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chalmers 712 Square Headlight and Lens

ac.d17iv

Does anyone know if you can still get the square headlight assembly and lens from simplicity?  I need one for my new style AC 712H.  The old part numbers I have shows NLA at jacks.  Do the square assemblies and lens from the late 90's sovereigns work?

They do not look to be available unless they are sold under other part numbers for other machines.

I have a 716 out back, I can check and see if she has lights and what shape they are in.  I have taken the transmission and engine for my other tractors already and none of my other tractors use those style lights.

Those style of headlight assemblies were used by other tractor brands also. Case/Ingersol used them, and I think they were also used in some of the green and white Bolens .

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
4 hours ago, ShaunE said:

More inquiring minds would like to know if a metal/glass option is available & would be a direct fit in the late model Sovereign hoods...

If you're talking about the round lens sealed beam like in the 71XX series and later it is a GE #4411-1, available from auto parts and lighting stores.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CarlH said:

Is there a source for the Speaker 880 headlights used on the Sunstars?  Inquiring minds want to know.

JW Speaker still makes lighting products. I'm wondering if these might be the right thing even though they are for an LED floodlight. (Sorry, I don't know much about the sunstars)

note: I found the GE reference for the Sovereigns in the parts manual - Don't know if the Sunstar # would be there.

https://www.partdeal.com/jw-speaker-replacement-wide-flood-clear-lens-for-model-800-4429151.html?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cse&gclid=Cj0KCQiA99ybBhD9ARIsALvZavXLpGs8EKv8FqIhVvIbYJqQHTA-CdbPahIxeRekLyZgonVknBYo6ZQaApS4EALw_wcB

4 hours ago, AC710 said:

If you're talking about the round lens sealed beam like in the 71XX series and later it is a GE #4411-1, available from auto parts and lighting stores.

The 1993-2000 models used a plastic rectangular light housing & plastic rectangular lens.  The muffler heat over time distorts the plastic & the plastic lenses discolor.  Some of this could be additional heat from the bulb.  A metal housing & glass lens would be the hot ticket for replacement.

14 hours ago, ShaunE said:

The muffler heat over time distorts the plastic & the plastic lenses discolor.

While we are on this subject..

Is there anything that can be done about the discoloring?

7 hours ago, AC710 said:

This seems obvious, but has anyone compared the 7xx/70xx series headlights (metal with glass lens option) to the later models?

I have not.  But I checked against a Case & those aren't the same size.  I "thought" the Case were the same as the 700/7000 series.

I've never checked the Sunstar series either.

Edited by ShaunE