Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

plowing with my 60" snowplow

lboy1971

Finally getting some good snow in Wisconsin. I plowed some snow with a 4040 and 60" snowplow I picked up yesterday. Then used my 7116H with 42" blower to clean up some areas. I have chains and wheel weights on the 4040. Didn't hardly spin the tires unless the blade got caught on a rock or deep rut. Had plenty of power too. I'd like to try the blade on my Allis 620 soon. Now I'm dreaming of a snowblower for my powermax size tractors, lol.

Yep, these PowerMax's are awesome machines. Addictive, too. Did you pick that up in Milton, WI? Should make you a nice machine. Have fun! Jeff

Still snowing here in Mad City area. I plowed once this morning around 9. We had about 4" here then. I'll have to fire up the 9020 one more time. Think I'll wait for tomorrow when it's done. Yeah, Lloyd, a snowblower would be nice, but unless the snow is 10-12" deep, you can probably clean the drive faster with the 60" blade. Paul

The 60" blade on my 620 can move snow BIG time, still am impressed with these tractors after owning them all these years. Anything under 12" I can handle with the blade, any more then that I either have to use the loader or the( may be I shouldn't say this)420 JD with the blower. So 90% of my snow removal is done with the blade. I have 900 ft, of driveway plus cleaning up around the shops. Floydster

Paul, You might want to rethink about plowing tomorrow. Here in northern Illinois they're saying it's supposed to get real cold, (I'm talking in the teens) and all of this soup that's been falling with temp's in the mid thirties is going to be frozen solid. Sandy

I have a B110 with ag tires,wheel weights and snowblower I haven't put to the snow yet. I might try that out next. A little over half of my tractor and attachments are over to my parents place. They have two large sheds for me to use. There neighbor is right across the road and must get a chuckle when he sees me running out numerous different tractors,plows and blowers. A 4x4 truck with plow gets alot more done and alot faster but I have fun.

Sandy, Actually, the snow we're getting is soft and fluffy stuff. We're probably about mid twenties and it's still snowing. It'll get cold tomorrow no doubt. I'll just bundle up. The cab protects me from the wind quite well too. Thanks, Paul

Paul, I did'nt realize you had a cab and all the extra frills. I can't handle the cold like I used to, I'm into the windshield wipers, heater, stereo, cup holders, 8' blade and other fringes in my 4X4 when I plow. Sandy