Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Winter ready

Mike_H

Part of the required equipment for a snow cab, is ear protection.  Just an FYI, you would think they would be a sound buffer, but instead, it's like being insode of a drum.  LOUD is the word of the day.666

Yeah, Its definitely NOT the 1693269 cab.  Its similar to the 1690496, but not quite that either.  Its older than the 7100 series.  I think 7000 series is a good bet.  No instruction manuals available for them on Simplicity's website either. I'm going to call Original Tractor Cab Co tomorrow, and see what they can send me.  

I do have everything mounted up now, and its pretty solid.  Had to make a couple extra spacers...and the dash spacers are 2.5" long!  My chute control arm needed to be re-aligned to fit through the slot (spacer) and one of the diagonal supports that goes from the tractor frame to the windshield frame of the cab needed to be spaced out to clear the blower lift arm.  In all though, I'm pretty happy with the fit.  I only had to use a little bit of hand pressure to get all my holes to line up.   If I can get the MFG. number, maybe I can put together a guide for installing this style cab to a Late Model RBT.

Biggest issue is that I can't open the hood.  I'm going to keep my eyes open for a glass windshield for it, and then I'll modify the front framework to match more closely to the newer style Cabs.   

Spacer.jpg

Rear mount.jpg

Edited by Mike_H
Forgot Pictures!

Mike H.  I forgot about the longer spacers for the dash, and the hood (even though I just installed the cab last week).  I rarely need go get under the hood all winter but what I do is I replace the hinge bolts with hitch pins on the hood, easy to pull just don't forget to unplug the headlight wire.

I have an electric spout rotator so did not have to worry about the manual rod.

Note:  I had the correct cab for the 7119, but it was much more difficult to install.  Even with 2 people it could not go on without scratching the paint on the tractor.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts