Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow hitch

ac.d17iv

Trying to mount my two pulley hitch to front of Allis712H to get ready for winter. When I mount it and hook the hitch to top of front axle, the larger pulley hits the front axle and won't let me mount it. 

What am I doing wrong?  Also, it seems the smaller pulley will rub on the hitch when pushed all the way to the left, when facing front of hitch. 

Thanks for any assistance. This will be my first winter with a snow blower. 

I am not familiar with the AC models, but I thought the two pulley hitch was for the older models (mine is 3112H) with the shaft sticking out of the front grill.  The later models 7116 etc. use a single pulley and the center PTO.  I would make sure that is the correct hitch for your tractor.

I don't know if any of these pics will help, but I did notice there are at least 2 types of "RBT 2 pulley hitches". 

7000Series_HitchDifferent_0001.jpg

7000Series_HitchDifferent_0002.jpg

7000Series_HitchDifferent_0003.jpg

7000Series_HitchDifferent_0004.jpg

7000Series_HitchDifferent_0005.jpg

7000Series_HitchDifferent_0006.jpg

7000Series_HitchDifferent_0007.jpg

7000Series_HitchDifferent_0008.jpg

I never tried to mount them on a 7000 series tractor, just a 7100 series, nor do I remember which hitch I mounted.  I also remember the larger pulley on the hitches was a slightly different size, but this could have been a PO replacement.

New_HItch_0007.jpg

New_HItch_0008.jpg

New_HItch_0009.jpg

New_Hitch_0013.jpg

New_Hitch_Mounted_0001.jpg

New_Hitch_Mounted_0002.jpg

New_Hitch_Mounted_0003.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the pictures!  Just had time to look at mine again, and it is like this first picture.  The cutout between the pullys is smaller and the arm the pullys are on are straight.  This hitch does not fit on my AC 712H...the pully will hit my front axle when mounting.  What was this hitch used for?  

I'd like to take this to my local welding shop to modify like the second picture.  Looks like I can cut the hitch so the cutout by the pullys is wider and the arm the pullys are on appear to need to be bent to an angle, at least the small pully.  Is that they only differences?  What size is the larger pully?  Anybody have drawings to show what modifications I need to make?

No snow hear yet, but I know it is coming.

Thanks!

7000Series_HitchDifferent_0007.jpg.d47962d69894cb5cfc0fc87f878ac0cd.jpg

7000Series_HitchDifferent_0008.jpg.c5d211f3e2ba7df593106a0051725d95.jpg

Edited by ac.d17iv

One other thing to check...Which way is your front axle bolt facing?  I ran into a problem with mine where someone put the bolt in backward, so the threads were hitting the hitch, and preventing installation.  The head of the bolt should face forward...

If that isn't it, its probably a hitch for a 7100/900 series tractor.  IIRC, they have more distance between the front of the chassis and the axle vs the 7000/700 series tractors.  I think the early 7100/900 series still ran blowers off the front PTO, but I could be wrong about that.  I'm sure someone will correct me.  If that is the case, I would put that one on Ebay, and look for the correct one.  You should be able to essentially trade that hitch for the correct hitch for your machine.  If you're on Facebook, there are a couple of groups there you could check out too...probably cheaper than having someone modify it.  

The 7100/900 series can use the 2 pulley to run off the front pto. My dad uses the same hitch he had on his 3310 to run the front pto. It looks like 2nd one pictured. Someone here probably knows what the part number is for that hitch.