Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

A ticket to hell

MPH
based on a cowboyish song about 'there's no such thing as too much fun",the grader blade attachment for B series tractors should all be collected and melted down. Though not impressive for removing 4 inches of snow, didn't expect it too, it actually cuts the hard pack snow from the times I missed plowing, with some standing on the blade, had plenty of traction, way too much fun...MPH http://a5.cpimg.com/image/F5/20/8905205-e8a6-028001E0-.jpg

StinKy
At least you got some snow to mess around with. Raining here and I cant remember when I last plowed. Even the piles I had pushed up are gone. Tempted to put the deck back on! BTW if ya get too much snow ahead of the grader does it tend to lift the front of the tractor? In an earlier post some body said they run a snowblower & grader at the same time. I bet that would leave a clean swath behind ya. Dick

Kent
Dick, That tip on running both a snowblower and a grader is actually in some of the Simplicity documents I've seen -- but, it requires the elusive right lift lever. You set the grader blade angle to leave anything you're missed with the snowblower right up against the fresh, uncut snow, and pick it up on the next swath.... Kent

Kent
You offset one to the side (outside) of the front hitch points, and use one pin on each side to hold both.... I've also heard of people who'd chain their deck up to hold it, and quickly mount a front attachment without removing the deck...