Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need New AC B 10 Carb ( Not From China)

Vinnie_A

3 hours ago, Hick said:

Also the numbers on the carb. Some engines are the same, but the carbs are different.

On a lot of carbs, yes, but on the Briggs Flo-Jets, there are no numbers stamped on them.  Some have an identification number or mark on the main nozzle to identify the correct replacement nozzle but it is not really for carb ID.

Edited by Chris727

Sorry but unless you luck into an old NOS carb on the shelf, off shore is all there is, besides used.

Briggs sources most of their parts from overseas from what I have seen.

I have used an off shore carb, worked OK for Me,  Just make sure you get one with the sleeve in the throttle lever.

I'm in to old hot rods as well as these garden tractors. It is sad that we are basically forced to put something from China on these tough built, American machines.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 5:48 PM, GregB said:

Sorry but unless you luck into an old NOS carb on the shelf, off shore is all there is, besides used.

Briggs sources most of their parts from overseas from what I have seen.

I have used an off shore carb, worked OK for Me,  Just make sure you get one with the sleeve in the throttle lever.

That is somewhat true but not entirely. Certainly applies to the new engines like Intek's. Briggs still has a lot of parts in their warehouses that were made back when the engines were in production and put on the shelf. They never sold all the way through that stock. I ordered several parts for my B-207's generator brackets through Briggs just last year. The parts that arrived were in early late 1970's to early 1980's packaging. They were older than I am. Many of the parts for these cast-iron engines are low-volume items and will be the same actual old parts used when the machines were new. Even finding NOS on eBay is a very good possibility. But we need the engine numbers to ID which one he needs.

32 minutes ago, Chris727 said:

The parts that arrived were in early late 1970's to early 1980's packaging. They were older than I am.

How I wish!

:D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 720nut said:

I need new carb for my 8 hp B 207 anyone got one ?

There are many variations for the 7-11 hp briggs verticals. I don't think anyone is even offering an aftermarket for that application. Do you have a picture of the carb and the model, type, and code of the engine?  Then I can look up which one you need.

Uhhh, I sold one to a buddy in July this year, for what I had in it...$5.00. I find them at farm auctions in box and content lots. Buy the box, remove the carb(s), use whatever else might be of value to me, mostly sell other things privately at the auction to make up purchase price. The originals are still around, the one I sold in July, I bought in June. Why do you need a carburetor? don't have one?

I had an original carb from my Big10 rebuilt at the local dealers shop, and currently using it on a cast iron Briggs 12hp from an Allis.(tractor Model?).the original on the engine, when I got it, had excessive wear in the pot metal around the throttle shaft. Pipersville Garden supply has an extensive store of older NOS. And they are reasonable with their pricing.  (215) 766-0414

Go to isavetractors.com they offer new flo jet carbs for the old cast iron briggs engines I have bought a couple from them and they work great.They have both the one piece four bolt carbs and the two piece three bolt carbs.They sell for about $69.99+$5.00 shipping

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 5:28 PM, happysack said:

Go to isavetractors.com they offer new flo jet carbs for the old cast iron briggs engines I have bought a couple from them and they work great.They have both the one piece four bolt carbs and the two piece three bolt carbs.They sell for about $69.99+$5.00 shipping

Those are the Chinese carbs. 

• 4 weeks later...

Chris, I did purchase one of these four bolt carbs from isavetractors.com for my 12 HP Briggs. They shipped at once and answered my original inquiry purchase immediately and offer a 1 year guarantee. I have not got back to them as of now. I was hoping someone would have some input. I was unable to get it started yesterday with a temp of 15 Degrees it flooded out. I followed the old Briggs manual and turned the needle valve and the idle valve until they seated. I then backed off the needle valve 1 1/2 turns and the idle valve 3/4 turn and then varied both adjustments but it flooded out. I had three original Briggs 9 inch threaded rods that thread into the bottom of the carb and then to the top of the air cleaner. None of these 3 would thread into the bottom of the carb. They seemed to be too tight one of them appeared to start to thread in but I did not want to force it in and then ruin the thread on the bottom of the carb. Any suggestions as to why it will not start and why the threads do not match the original 9 inch rods. Thanks in advance   Vinnie-a

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:15 PM, 720nut said:

would assume it's metric thread on carb.  Just my $.02

Yes they are metric. I think I had to run a standard tap through one I was working on. I don't recall which specific thread. I believe it was 1/4" fine thread. So much for "OEM SPEC." as their sellers claim.