Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Well, I SAID it was good enough, but . . .

Hick

When I got my Deutz-Allis 1920 and got it running, I thought I wouldn't put much into it as far as cosmetics go.
Well, being collectors with a bit of OCD, we know how well that goes!
Mine had a chunk of metal someone made for the tunnel cover.  Useable, not TOO bad looking.  But whoever made it did not make the cut high enough to get it into TOW, let alone HIGH range.

Trans Cover 1.jpg
I cut it out to reach High Range. Will paint it later.
Made the mistake of checking Ebay for Sunstar / deutz 1920.
And now have this one on the way.
Tunnel cover.jpg

• Like 1

I'm just in the process of buying a 1920 Ultimate with a 60" deck, 44" snowblower and tiller and if so, will no doubt need some guidance and assistance.  I hope there are manuals with it, if not I hope there is online access to some and maintenance advice.  It's good to know there are parts available on ebay but don't want to need many or become a source.

I picked up a Sunstar manual, but think it is a bit newer.  I'm thinking mine is one of the early ones. I downloaded parts & operator's manuals, I think it was from the old site here. Don't know if I could find the link again. PDF format. I could email them to you.

Operator, parts and service manuals for the Sunstar are available on this site.  The Sunstar and DA 19XX are identical except for paint. 

I did a search for "sunstar manual" and the search just brought me back to this topic.  Maybe they are on this new site, but I'm not able to find them yet.  I've sent a PM to Gary, but will keep looking.

OK, I found the link to the publications under the links directory tab under browse and downloaded the parts and operators manuals.  No repair manual though.

Edited by PGL