Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Is the site any faster today?

Kent

I upgraded the version of PHP (the programming language used by the software), in preparation to upgrading to a new release of the IPS software itself.  One of the "benefits" is that it should improve speed of execution.  Do you notice a change ?

I really can't tell since I'm on a slow internet connection (either satellite or 4G LTE). Now, I'm monitoring the "bug reports and feedback" on the new release of IPS to see when I want to upgrade it.  I like to let others be the guinea pigs...

14 minutes ago, BLT said:

I noticed it faster when I was cleaning up the Craigslist forum. I see there is a site update allso.,

Yes, that update is what I'm waiting to see what happens when others do the update/upgrade.  Let them be the guinea pigs... &:)

Much faster for me also...but my iPhone does not work for this site anymore, either this change or me upgrading my iPhone to iOS 10.1 is the culprit.

9 minutes ago, MikeES said:

Much faster for me also...but my iPhone does not work for this site anymore, either this change or me upgrading my iPhone to iOS 10.1 is the culprit.

When did this begin, Mike?  I just upgraded the core software today, and that may be the issue - if so, I need to report it to the developers.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:16 AM, BLT said:

I noticed it faster when I was cleaning up the Craigslist forum. I see there is a site update allso.,

I did the update today.  Glad I waited a few days, since they had to incorporate some bug fixes. 

I just tried it with my iPhone on Dec. 7th.  I had not used my phone on Simple Tractors for a couple of weeks before that.  I had updated my iOS about 1 week ago.  What I can't do is get into the clubhouse can't find the log in screen???  Only the home page, with that I can see some of the most recent posts but can't go anywhere from there or post.

5 hours ago, 720nut said:

Mine's still yellow no black.

It is yellow on a computer, but black on a tablet or phone. The site identifies what kind of device you are using and sends you a different menu. The black one is designed to pop down when needed yet move out of the way, giving you the most available screen space possible on the smaller screens.