Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Plowing snow

MPH

With some of you dealing with real snow removal this might be bad timing, but it sure was fun..MPH http://a8.cpimg.com/image/DA/61/8923098-d9fc-028001E0-.jpg

Marty, What are you going to plant? Snow peas? Your humor doesn't bother me. We got 15" of really wet snow here in Jersey last night. But, because the temperature was so high it came down as rain.

MPH, That's not really what we had in mind but whatever works! So....Ya gonna plant christmas trees in that furrow? Or is that just the Tok Alaska version of hydroponic gardening? Paul

Actually, I was just wantting to set the record straight, we can blow snow, grade it, as I did yesterday, push it with a blade on front, scoop it if your lucky enough to find a loader, OR, we can plow the stuff..I did succeed at one of my 2 intended missions, I broke down the railroad track humps that build up from not cleanning off the 1 or 2 in snows cuz its 25 below and it don't seem worth starting the tractor up, over the course of five months these build up to the point its hard to blow the drive cuz I slide off into the burm. My other hope was to polish the rust off the plow while having fun, not mush luck on that account. If I can figure out this picture stichin stuff tonight I'll post the winrow I grader bladed to the center, then put the blower on and got rid of it. Gotta get another tractor going, this implement changing is a waste of play time, even if from blade to blower is under 15 min..MPH

Marty, Yup, That's why I have three Powermax tractors. It's very easy to change implements when all you have to do is change seats. Paul

When they said you can mount and use two implements at once, I don't thing they had the plow in mind!

MPH, Why do you need a grader blade? Since you moldboard plow the snow, couldn't you level your gravel with the snowblower, blowing the excess gravel into the low spots? Pat

Pat, I do blow some some gravel with the snow blower but I sure don't like the way it sounds and its really hard on the what paint is left on it..MPH