Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Completely Crazy

Woodydel

There must be SOMETHING I could sell on Ebay. Wait a minute, why take out the trash can tomorrow morning? I could sell it on Ebay already filled....Woody

Pardon me, but that hitch would be a piece of cake to make up in DIY project. Even if you bought the raw material it could'nt be more than 30 bucks. If ya bought scrap iron even less. How's that old saying go?? "A Fool & His Money Are Soon Parted" !!! Dick

It's been my experience, through watching bids and selling both, that items generally sell for what they're worth or LESS. There are exceptions, of course. Changing subjects a bit, I really like the T-shirt that's for sale on the cub site. Brent

Hey Woody.... I have one of those hitches for an MTD. What do you suppose it will bring if I put it on for $9.99 no reserve? $9.99 I suppose. What the hay, I'm taking my camera out to the shop.......

Sam, play dumb and let the buyers figure out what it is. That would be completely contrary to your method of explaining everything anyone could possibly want to know with your auction items. That MTD hitch will become a Cub hitch..When they email you ignore them or give vague descriptions. Make sure the flash doesn't work on the camera! Is it going to be an experimental auction item? Woody

Woody, Sam is a reputable man and wouldn't engage in those tactics. Sam, Hitches always seem to bring a real premium on eBay. Maybe it's because tractor owners don't know where to find them, or they're easy and reasonable to ship, or they're not mechanical worn out, or they're no longer available new and owners don't have the skill to make them.

Dutch, That was not intended as a real suggestion..I've stated quite a while ago that I'm used to high Cub Cadet prices but this one got to me as ridiculous..You can buy them from Carter and Gruenewald new for less.. Take a look at the link and what I say about Sam..Woody[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/ShowMessage.asp?MsgID=6422&mode=short&startwith=0']http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/ShowMessage.asp?MsgID=6422&mode=short&startwith=0[/a]

Well, the one I have is on there and will sell this coming weekend.(providing it gets a bid) As always, I gave a honest decription Of what I know of it. I described it just like I would have if I had not read this post. I will Add the dimensions of it tomorrow as I forgot to measure it tonight. I got this thing with a plow , disc, and cultivator, which I sold quite a while back. The guy did not have the tractor that it came with. He thought it was MTD but was not sure. So, lets see what it brings. My honest opinion is its a $35 item at best, not knowing what its for, as a hitch that could be potentially modified to a given tractor. [A href='http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2007628558&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1015725572&indexURL=0&rd=1']http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2007628558&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1015725572&indexURL=0&rd=1[/a]

I have never seen bidding as ridiculous as this for a hitch. The seller has got to be in shock..And he wants shipping on top! Ebay, as I've said before, is killing tractor collecting...It's also creating a load of morons to boot...Woody Take a look at this page at the Cub Cadet Forum Classifieds. Schroll down to the New Brinly Hitches. That's right he has 5! at $90. Even that's high. What Brinly Hitch Should Cost LesH take a look on that page and contact KentuckyKen about brake linings. I forgot to let you know about it in your previous post. Maybe he can tell you where to locate lining material or maybe sell to you.. My title for the Ebay link is not an accident. Unlike the book series where you learn something, if you stay on Ebay too long you'll remain an idiot. Yours truly excluded of course. How about yourself?[A href='http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2005791468&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1015280936&indexURL=0&rd=1']http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2005791468&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1015280936&indexURL=0&rd=1[/a]

Woody, Those are 2 different hitches, even if they are interchangeable and perform the same function. Maybe the bidders don't know about the Cub forum. Maybe they caught "auction fever". Maybe the high bidder will be a "dead beat". Who knows? Like I say, the value of anything is whatever the buyer and seller agree to. As long as both are happy, neither are idiots.

That was the quickest example I could come up with. This is not an unsubstantiated opinion. People are not smart who bid this way. I have a bridge to sell and Ebay is the perfect spot for me to make my pitch...I deliberately excluded my hitches from the example so as not to distort my point...Woody

Woody, As long as the seller can and does deliver, the buyer is not being swindled. Do you really have a bridge to sell? I'm interested! How much do you want? Can I install a toll booth?

If you buy today, I'll throw in the toll booths no extra charge to your credit card...Woody

Woody, You have a deal! I won't even ask you to send me pictures. Just tell me where and when we can meet to see the bridge, and how much. You bring the deed, I'll bring cash.

Maybe I could sell this banana plantation in Tok on E-bay. The 'soil' is already plowed for the new crop..MPH

MPH, here's a hint, take your pictures at night....Throw around some loose bananas. From what I see there must be some monkeys out there bidding...Success is just around the corner!! Use the same pictures for your high efficiency snow making machine while you're at it. Just pick up the bananas and the ski operators will buy it. No electric, gas or oil needed. What a deal! Do it dutch, pick up the suckers by the dozens!!Woody