Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Consider creating photo albums or blogs..

Kent

... to show your "pride and joy" or using blogs to document your restoration or other major project.

That would keep those from "getting lost" in all these forum posts, and make them much more visible long-term.  Both albums and blog entries are easily "linked and embedded" in a topic, simply by copying/pasting the URL address into the topic. 

I'm not trying to discourage your use of this forum, only to point out that either a blog or a photo album would make your efforts/pictures much more visible long-term. Not only can people rate/comment on them there, but you can easily link/embed them here to carry on in-depth discussion, if you'd like...

24 minutes ago, PhanDad said:

uh, where is "photo albums"?

I found "blogs" under the browse pull down menu.

In the Gallery on the same Browse menu.  Create your own album or albums under the Member Albums category.

I considered writing a blog about my parts business and how I'd like to change and expand it.

Would that be an acceptable topic?

11 minutes ago, rokon2813 said:

I considered writing a blog about my parts business and how I'd like to change and expand it.

Absolutely.  Consider it your own little corner of the Web -- as long as you don't go promoting John Deeres or something.  sm04 666

18 minutes ago, rokon2813 said:

I'd be interested in reading that.

13 hours ago, rokon2813 said:

Do it Dan!  Also, ask Kent what the user restrictions are on the blog site here.  For a business, you might want to think about starting a blog on blogger or something, unless the general public can access the blogs here.  If its restricted to members only, you'll limit your exposure.  If you DO start a blog on Blogger, I can walk you through setting up the RSS feed, so the forum here will pull any new posts you make on your main site (which is how I have my blog set up).

Everyone can see the blogs. But, I think you must be registered and signed in, in order to comment or rate a blog entry -  i.e. Guests cannot post there.  That's to prevent spamming -- you know the "work from home and get rich" kind of crap that gets posted all over the web in comments...