Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Loaders

JonetteP

This is to keep dutch thinking. I was often in awe when my dad would use his 4040 to unload another shipment of new simplitiy riders. I marveled at the idea this unit could lift so much weight. I have owned a simplicity rider of some sort for the last 20 years. I am 28. With this inspiration, I thought it would be cool to make a loader for a broadmoor or yoeman. Yes, it is crazy, but think how cool it would be to be the only guy on the block with one of these. I could be a slight bit bias on tractors, my parents have been simplicity dealers for almost 50 years. But anyhow, think about it. Imagine yourself cruising across the lawn with your deck from the HB-112 you just bought, then the sickle mower that came with it, then the rear mounted generator, then the tiller, then the plow, then the L-12 loader, then... Okay I am dreaming also, just thought you might need some inspiration. Note: I did well in speech and my acting class, hope no one is too excited. Neal Pierce

It doesn't take much to keep me thinking (or commenting). It seems to me a loader on a garden tractor is kinda' "pushing it". If a garden tractor is the only platform available, how about a super structure ala "skid steer". Seems more weight would be transfered to both front and rear axles, and the entire weight of the GT used for counter-balance. Am I missing something? Maybe one of the members will get the torch and welder. http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/skidsteer.gif

If you superimposs that on your tractor Herb, think you;d have be under 25 yrs old to get in and out of the drivers seat..MPH

Neal, I can attest to your Dad picking up things with his 4040. I bought a 917 from him a little over a year ago, and he picked that 917 up mower deck and all with the 4040 with forks and set it on my trailer. I was impressed, I am sure my Kubota (B2400)could not handle that load. Mike S.

I don't know if the frame is strong enough for a loader. I have buckled the frame (slightly) on my 717 by plowing snow with "gusto" (bulges on frame rails are visible just behind the lift lever). How about a smaller bucket - can you do it JOHNNY BUCKET guys? I am currently putting 8" wheel/tire (narrower style wheel from 725, 4.8/4.00x8 tire, roller bearings) on front of a 5010, to replace the original 4.8/5.30x6 with bushings. Spindles are the same as a larger tractor, so bearings fit without any modification. The front axle on this tractor is crimped forward at the spindle ends, where the older Broadmoors are crimped in the center of the axle tube. It gives an extra 1" of wheelbase and enough room for the larger tire. I will have the extra height I wanted for higher cutting. I think this set up (with real bearings) would be needed to survive under the weight of any bucket. Tom

Marty, I already have problems mounting my Sovereign with the high back seat, that's why I prefer my 7000 series. I guess if I ever built one of those "skid loader" jobs, I could shuffle over, have my grandsons lift me into the seat, and operate the loader while I wet my pants and drooled.