Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

We have a problem...

jimmystractor

As a relative newcomer around here, it is obvious that we have a problem. The problem is that one tractor is not any where near enough. I thought I would buy a nice old Simplicity in the fall (first one). Now I own three Sovereigns and it isn't even 2017 yet. I can tell my family thinks I'm nuts. Now I want an old 728 ( for reasons unknown. They look cool). Also, I have found that pretty much all of the membership here is made up of enablers...people offering to pick up tractors and store them for one another until said member has the time to get it. I love this place. Merry Christmas to all of you and Go Pack Go!

IMG_0418.JPG

• Like 3

Don't feel bad it's how it worked for me. I bought a 66 Allis B-10 and then it snowballed from there. Wonderful american made machines. I still have my 1966 Allis B-12 with a few attachments and no desire to ever let them go. Have fun with them.

• Like 1

You're just fine, no problems at all!  When you find yourself sleeping in the shed next to them, and not by choice, THEN you have a problem!  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and yours too.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jimmystractor said:

As a relative newcomer around here, it is obvious that we have a problem. The problem is that one tractor is not any where near enough. I thought I would buy a nice old Simplicity in the fall (first one). Now I own three Sovereigns and it isn't even 2017 yet. I can tell my family thinks I'm nuts. Now I want an old 728 ( for reasons unknown. They look cool). Also, I have found that pretty much all of the membership here is made up of enablers...people offering to pick up tractors and store them for one another until said member has the time to get it. I love this place. Merry Christmas to all of you and Go Pack Go!

IMG_0418.JPG

Just look at him, you don't have a problem, your just nurturing in another generation. Merry Christmas/ Happy New Year!

• Like 1

I thought I would only have the one 718 that I bought a couple years ago and now I'm up to 3 Allis's and a Panzer. 

Have a Merry Christmas! dOd

Edited by GardenTrACtorguy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jimmystractor said:

Also, I have found that pretty much all of the membership here is made up of enablers...people offering to pick up tractors and store them for one another until said member has the time to get it. I love this place. Merry Christmas to all of you and Go Pack Go!

IMG_0418.JPG

I have no idea whatsoever what an enabler is? Is that someone who pushes off a tractor that they themselves want to buy, on some other person so said person doesn't buy it for them self? NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING !:S

I thought it pretty much boiled down too "Every time a bell rings, someone buys another tractor" syndrome?  Atta boy Josh .its-a-wonderful-life.jpg

GO PACK GO!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MY EXTENDED FAMILY AT Simple Tractors! 

Edited by fishnwiz
  • Like 1

Oh, boy - wife just said "who has been looking at all the garden tractors on the internet?"  I think  she knows who it is, and it isn't her - and there is only she and I in the house.  I have a 620, B-207, and a B-110 that is my newest. (I think my wife must have seen this 620 with loader in Providence RI. that I have been looking at daily).

Just a good thing I don't know anyone out near there that can look at it for me!   And not having the $3500.00 helps me some!

Edited by macallis180

Speaking on my wife's behalf, (with absolutely no authority), she would like it!  This is a real "boot on the other foot" situation, because normally, and frequently, she speaks and acts on my behalf, with the same level of authority!

• Like 3

I tell the Mrs, I can be out in the garage working on a tractor, or I could be sitting on a bar stool somewhere. She prefers the garage.....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, macallis180 said:

... (I think my wife must have seen this 620 with loader in Providence RI. that I have been looking at daily).

Just a good thing I don't know anyone out near there that can look at it for me!   And not having the $3500.00 helps me some!

Merle, I'm less than 1 1/2 hrs. away.  Let me know if I can help any! 666

• Like 1

Merle just a tip but ask him why the loader has different brackets welded on for the lift cylinders. I'm assuming that original cyl. were bad and they replaced them with shorter cyl.

46 minutes ago, dhoadley said:

Merle, I'm less than 1 1/2 hrs. away.  Let me know if I can help any! 666

See I told you, you should buy so's I don't have to look at it anymore. Of course if you do we all want pictures.

So ya know I'm a little short to by about $3000/ all yours

1 hour ago, goatfarmer said:

I tell the Mrs, I can be out in the garage working on a tractor, or I could be sitting on a bar stool somewhere. She prefers the garage.....

Sounds like my wife

• Like 1

David: IF I do finally call the owner, I may have to hire you to go take a look at it!  Maybe by the time I work up my courage to tell my wife I am going to call the owner, it will be sold.  We'll see!

I started out with John Deeres. Then I got a Deutz-Allis given to me. I fail to see any problem . . .
Oh, this "problem" can also easily transfer to motorcycles . . .

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 5:19 AM, goatfarmer said:

A local (but nationally known writer), Roger Welsch, was telling about his wife's concern about his hobby of restoring Allis Chalmers WCs. Her concern was him working underneath 3000 pounds of iron.  Her comment was, "I just wish Roger didn't have a hobby that weighed so much."
His friend responded, "You mean, a hobby that weighs 110 pounds, is 5'3', blond hair . . . " O.o
She got the point! :D

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:57 PM, Brettw said:

You're just fine, no problems at all!  When you find yourself sleeping in the shed next to them, and not by choice, THEN you have a problem!  

No problem! Heated & air conditioned; Wife Unit knows that the threat of kicking me out is no threat at all! dOd

Shop Lights.jpg

Edited by Hick
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kent said:

Dunno about you guys, but I live by the saying "It's easier to get forgiveness than permission..."  &:)

I would kill for a shop like that.