Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I think I've got it!

PatRarick

Just signed up to ClubPhoto, and am trying to see if this works. This is my 1951 Chevrolet 2 ton truck, restored by my children and I in 1996. This was for our town's centennial celebration, where I came in second in the beard growing contest. The beard was gone about two hours after this picture was taken. Pat http://a9.cpimg.com/image/4D/2B/8945229-6344-02000168-.jpg

Pat, looks like you've got the photo thing nailed. Great lookin truck. I've got a friend who has three of them and one's a 1950 with solid metal all around and paint disappearing fast. I've begged him to at least brush some cheap barn paint on it to help preserve the metal but he steadfastly refuses saying it's goodnuff as it is. He doesnt run it, it just sits there rusting--what a shame. I've had beard since getting out of Navy, it started as sort of flaunting my newfound freedom from military regs. But I found that not having to turn my mug into hamburger every morning was most pleasant and kept it. It's ranged in length from rediculous to the "stubble look". I shaved it off bout 10 yrs ago and my wife couldnt stop laughing (told her she married me without it) so grew it back promptly. Hey! Maybe that would be a future poll to run--beard vs shaved. Think beards would lose tho. Maybe I'll make up a beard for my Landlord, Herb has teeth on his............. Dick

Pat, Now that makes sense! One of those "don't make 'em like they use to" machines that can still perform real work. Nice truck..... nice beard (goes good with the bibs). Dick, Don't forget my "horns".

Nice lookin ole truck Pat, with that beard you look like your ready to load her up, cover with blue tarp, and head north to 'homestead' on a gold mine. Now that I got clubphoto figured out I like it better then photoshop. hope it lasts longer. Dick, my razor broke, couldn't stand up to my boot, 2 days before I got outta the Air Force, crazy things young men do....MPH