Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AdamF

Identifying sickle bar mower

AdamF
I just bought an A-C sickle bar mower from my neighbor that he had found in a barn. It looks to be ingood condition with the exception of some surface rust. Will this fit my 7013S Baron? The mode #is 2029966 spec# 1621. I checked the X-Ref and didn't see it listed. Is it possible that I have an oddball? Thanks for any input.

AdamF

Fred
Adam, The sickle will work, but you have to get a hitch for the 7000-ser. Simp tractor. I don't know however the part # Also you will need a different belt to drive it.Also I don't know the belt # but maybe my "BUD JEFF NEMES" can help you. He's my SimpleTrACtors encyclopedia!Make sure you get the lift cable and pulley that attaches to the frame of the trac, also. DLC

Les
I have an old yellow sickle bar which I use with my B-112. I also have a 712S which I beleive is similar to your 7000 series Simplicity. My sickle bar would mount up to the front axle of the 712 but could not work due to the much larger footrest and the different PTO setup of the newer tractor. If fact the mower would not work on my B-210 because the B-112 has an additional small pulley which is what drives the sickle bar. Please feel free to email me if you have any more questions.

AdamF
Hitch is the part that connects sickle to frt axle of trac. Ask Jeff N. if he's got 1.BTW he's the 1 with a 35+yr dealership so get a loan from him,I'
m just a poor dude! dlc