Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Videos section/function added

Kent

I've just added a new Videos section, similar to the photo Gallery, and added it to the Browse menu.  This section allows us to "catalog" and organize relevant videos from YouTube, Vimeo, etc.

I've "seeded" it with a few of ZippoVarga's excellent videos from YouTube, in addition to one of mine.  Sean has given us permission to use his videos here, and I hope he and others will help link them. Feel free to add any others that you've found helpful, and that you think would be helpful to others.

I've created a brief tutorial on how to add one, using a YouTube example, and it is shown at the top of the main Videos screen. 

You can add videos from other sites, such as Facebook, Vimeo, etc. -- BUT you must use just the URL for the video itself, and not the "share code" or "link" that they might readily provide.  Typically, this is best obtained by right-clicking on the video while it is displayed and copying the URL from there.  Do NOT copy the URL from the browser window that is displaying that video -- that URL is for the "player and the video" - not just the video which we need here...

Meanwhile, I can add further categories to organize these in -- just let me know what you think is needed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just noticed that there have been 2062 views of these videos, so I guess they're being viewed and used, even if I have received no feedback.  

Please add/link more videos to the section.  Note that you can add Facebook videos also, if you get the direct link to the video...

• Like 1

• Kent unpinned this topic
On 2/6/2017 at 1:28 AM, PGL said:

This should be  a great addition to Show and Tell how our tractors  do useful work.

Yes, it was great to see that Josh @Talntedmrgreen has added some operation videos of some of the more unusual/desirable attachments

I tried when I had a few minutes this morning....I hit a snag and cannot load any more :(

For some reason when I try to add a new video, the http field for a video address is now already populated with my B208 video link and I cannot edit that field.  Additionally, the B208 video isnt generating a thumbnail.  

Since you have added more videos later today, I'm assuming that this was a temporary condition.  I'm not sure what might have caused it to not create a thumbnail, but for the other issue try closing your browser and then reopening it.  It is a browser cache issue as far as I can tell.

Yeah I tried over my lunch break to load from my Android, and though I still saw the issue, I was able to paste a media link over the existing greyed out link.  Im still unable to on my PC.  Ive rebooted chrome, tried explorer and rebooted the machine.  No change.  Hmm...

No I didn't but this just getting way over my head, I do good just to access the site little lone all this high tech stuff.

I suppose that at some time I should go take some classes but at my age ? Basicly self taught myself to get where I am.