Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Reverse Auction

Dutch

I once did this same thing to get rid of a car that had been languishing for far to long. I advertisd it in the local paper in a 7 day ad. It read something like $2400, $100 will be knocked off the price for every day it sits here until it's sold. I didn't care because I had a brand new rig and the apartment complex I lived at at the time wanted all extra vehicles GONE. I sold it to somebody that never read the ad for $2000 within a couple days anyway. It worked out good. Actually I worded it somehow so I could get out of it being gone for nothing because the ad ran out in less time than that (7 days). I did get alot of calls on payday though it was gone. Sandy

Want to have some real fun. Put that garden tractor you want to sell out front with a “For Sale” sign. When prospective buyers ask, “How much?” tell them it started out at $3000 on the 1st day of the month and is being reduced $100 per day until it’s sold. Let me see today is March 5th, so that will be $2500. Oh, you want to pay $500? Come back on March 25th. If it’s still here, you’ll own it.

But what about the guy who walks up with "Cash in Hand" abd offers $1500 on the first day, and says "I won't be back later." ??

Sam, That's what separates the "Men" from the "Boys". If it's worth $1500 to one guy, it's may be worth that much or more to someone else (maybe not). You have to ask yourself, "Do I want the money, or do I want to have fun?" You won't get much of a reaction from the guy who offers $1500 on the first day ($3000). But wait for the reaction from the guy who offers $1500 on the 14th day ($1600) and you tell him to come back tomorrow and buy (if it's still available).