Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Repowered 9020 and PTO speed

TFF

I have a repowered 9020 - Honda GX670.  Will this affect the PTO speed?  I know that a simplicity tiller would require, I think, 2000 rpm.  Not sure if the Honda will have an affect on it.

• Like 1

As long as you have the Honda turning 3600RPM (which it should do), then it will match the speed of the original Onan, meaning no change to the PTO speed...

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be awesome to find the tiller as fast as your answer about rpm.  This is a resourceful group you never know Good luck with the tiller!

• Like 1

A little bit of paint and you should be good to go. I didn't realize there was a cover for the cross top drive shaft. Mine didn't come with one and I never missed it. The seals on your transfere box aren't leaking either. Nice find. That was fast. Maybe someone can find me a snow blower :) 

I have a snow blower but no mule drive I would like to sell.

Thomas nice find looks really nice, I see it has rear flap mine is missing and wonder would you mind measuring and posting as several of us need to have one made.

I don't see a PTO shaft you did get right, they can be rather pricey

• 5 weeks later...