Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SimpleMan

Paint petition Part 2

Dutch
Good for you! Wish you and the other "peeling paint" guys success. I'd be furious if I paid thousands for a machine and it wasn't perfect. Keep the factory's feet to the fire, and don't believe your dealer was/is helpless no matter how much he may seem like a "nice guy".

SimpleMan
Well everyone...I called Simplicity to discuss the paint adhesion issue on the frame of my tractor. I spoke with someone (the name slips me) from the Customer Service department. We had a very polite, gentlemanly conversation, within in which I made him aware of my concerns. I'm expecting to get an answer back later this week. I personally would suggest that anyone who has expierienced the "flaking paint" syndrome on any of the newer units to call Simplicity directly. I cannot guarantee what the results may be, but perhaps they may begin to understand that this issue is not limited to only a few units. The number to Simplicity Manufacturing is: 1-262-377-5450 And ask for the Customer Service Department. (not the warranty department). Good luck to everyone GordU aka SimpleMan PS. I would especially suggest that any one with a gray paited frame would give them a call.