Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

4212-7119 attachment interchange

Sandy

Have't seen any of it yet, just wondering if it's even worth looking at. Supposedly the hydro is blown on the 4212 and he's selling dirt cheap. He says it is about 7-8 years old also with a snowblower. I've got to many projects now, maybe one more?

It would be one thing if you already owned the attachments, but getting the proper ones is the way I'd go. If you can buy the 4212 real cheap, the attachments are worth something. You could swap, or sell them and put the $$$ toward what you need.

A blown hydro sounds bad except that it can be repaired. You can follow the procedure to tear it down with a repair manual. All of these components are supposed to be repairable so if someone gives up on it take advantage of the situation. The main idea here is the hydro doesn't have to be replaced. It could even be something simple and cheap keeping it from operating..Then you don't have to swap the attachments around..I've gotten some of my best deals when others think it's not worth the effort to fix what's wrong...Woody

Hi, The 4212 is a lawn tractor and cannot run a tiller. If you have a tiller for a vertical shaft engine it is for a 6000 family tractor. The snowblowers are all the same [single stage] recent years, you just use the apppropriate hitch, Good luck, Al

Can anyone tell me if a rototiller or a snow blade would fit from a 4212 on to a 7119? They are both hydros. Sandy

Just about any make GT attachment can be made to work with an appropriate hitch. The blade should be easy. Don't know about the tiller. The 4212 has a vertical shaft engine, while the 7112 is horizontal. How about the lift?